Music and Exercise

I always work out listening to tunes on my ipod. What did you listen to today? I listened to Dave Matthews Band "Everyday" album and made it through 3 miles on the treadmill. How about you?

Replies

• I don't have an IPod, but work out to the Wii Summer Dance Party. Lots of good music, like Firework by Katy Perry, and others. Really gives you a great work-out and you don't realize how much time you're actually dancing. Love it!
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    I love listening to Phish while I run (concerts I've been and such), but I also lots of alternative rock.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    I'd rather without w/o my legs than w/o music...seriously! Music motivates, distracts, and pumps me up!!

Today I listened to Def Leppard- I also just got a CD set called Freestyle Explosion on Amazon- lots of really old-dance type music ( 80's?) Good stuff though.

I also have a few songs of 'cardio classics' basically classical music with a fast tempo. Madonna, Brittney, Cher, Gaga, Katy Perry....almost anything will do!
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    I really get pumped up from music so I try to listen to something with alot of beat to motivate me.
    I have Rihanna's Loud right now on my Ipod and it really keeps me going.
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Imelda May, Love Tattoo. Great beats for running.
  • ever since i saw eminem i can't stop listening to him. i run to him so much, it's the best music!
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    My favorites on my ipod (that really get me going) are "Don't Stop Believin" - Journey and "Wanna Be Startin Something" by MJ.
  • for_a_mittengrl
    for_a_mittengrl Posts: 93 Member
    Black Eyed Peas! I love the beats and it motivates me to run or just dance around!

Also, personally, I am a huge fan of the Backstreet Boys and in December is their cruise to the Bahamas (I know people are judging me right now, but whatever, I don't care) so I have oodles of their songs on my workout playlist since in a way they are standing by the goal I am trying to reach. I think that helps, if you relate a song to your journey and your goal. The song(s) will come on and give you a little extra push in the right direction. :)
  • GaiaGirl1992
    GaiaGirl1992 Posts: 459 Member
    disturbed and godsmack! I need more grunge-y music to get pumped!
  • jonniemarie1
    jonniemarie1 Posts: 77 Member
    i can't really listen to music when i do cardio =( the earphones slip out of my ear =(.... but i'm going to try to find better headphones (any suggestions)
    but when im doing strength training and during the part of my cardio when the earphones actually stay in, i loveeee beyonce!!!
  • 1medicwife
    1medicwife Posts: 28 Member
    Nickelback, Linkin Park, Green Day, etc. Anything that is somewhat "hard" helps push me to keep going when I am about to quit.
  • nwohler
    nwohler Posts: 55 Member
    More often then not it's Michael Jackson, I just love his music, its so upbeat and bright (well most of it). If I'm looking for something else I just scan my iPhone and pick something that has a good beat. I'm sure I look a little funny jogging down the street mouthing all the words, but if it keeps me going that's all I care about!
  • leslielt
    leslielt Posts: 113 Member
    i can't really listen to music when i do cardio =( the earphones slip out of my ear =(.... but i'm going to try to find better headphones (any suggestions)
    but when im doing strength training and during the part of my cardio when the earphones actually stay in, i loveeee beyonce!!!
    Check out some headphones like the JVC blue HAEB75A (the style not so much this brand)
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    This is my elliptical playlist (don't judge me for Ke$ha! I swear it's a great workout song, lol)

Weapon of Choice - Fatboy Slim
    *kitten* You - Cee Lo Green
    Hey Ya - Outkast
    Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger - Daft Punk
    Get the Party Started - Pink
    Born This Way - Lady GaGa
    Smooth Criminal - (covered by) Alien Ant Farm
    Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) - Eurythmics
    Tik Tok - Ke$ha
    Filthy/Gorgeous - Scissor Sisters
    Rock Your Body - Justin Timberlake
    Raise Your Glass - Pink