Seriously! I don't get it! Exercise Calories!!?!

Options
124»

Replies

• SeanMurphy
    Options
    I didn't believe it either, BUT, I have started eating back half my "earned" calories and NOW I am starting to lose weight. You can't dispute those facts.

Not to pick a fight, but you can easily dispute anecdotal evidence. Just struck me as a very blanket statement.. like. ."Tide goes in, tide goes out.. you can't explain that.." :)
  • routerguy666
    Options
    1 pound of fat = (roughly) 3500 calories

A person who is overweight by 100 pounds is lugging around 350,000 calories worth of energy for their body.

50 pounds overweight? 175,000 calories of energy sitting around making your clothes tight.

I use these numbers because the majority of tickers seem to be showing weight loss goals in these ranges.

If you think that not eating back the 300 calories you burn from a half hour on the treadmill is going to cause your body to go into starvation mode when it's sitting on that sort of energy supply, best of luck to you.
  • tatatea
    tatatea Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Based on the science I would say it was even more important for a person that is 100 pounds or more over weight to loose fat slowly and add exercise slowly so that their heart can keep up with the shock. Energy stores in that capacity has been accumulated over years and years of abuse and this whole concept of trying to take weight off faster then you gain it is silly. The concept i am trying to get across is to make a lifestyle change and understand the best way to take fat off not the quickest way.

I don't know what it is like to gain or loose that much weight, what I do know is how to stay in shape and eat properly as I have done it all my life. I help people achieve their goals every day through exercise and eating right. If you have that much to loose there is a health risk that comes along with it and I am not about to give advice for a quick fix by depleting their energy stores .....
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Based on the science I would say it was even more important for a person that is 100 pounds or more over weight to loose fat slowly

I made no reference to this
    and add exercise slowly so that their heart can keep up with the shock.

I made no reference to this
    Energy stores in that capacity has been accumulated over years and years of abuse and this whole concept of trying to take weight off faster then you gain it is silly.

I said nothing about rate of weight loss
    The concept i am trying to get across is to make a lifestyle change and understand the best way to take fat off not the quickest way.

Your point has nothing to do with what I posted
    I don't know what it is like to gain or loose that much weight but people that have that much to loose have a health risk and I am not about to give them a quick fix by depleting their energy stores

Err, good luck helping people lose weight while somehow doing so without depleting their energy stores (losing fat).

Anyway, figured I'd quote you now to make it clearer when someone is or isn't conversing with you...
    ..... so good luck to you my friend