Tae Bo

I was wondering if anyone else like to do tae bo. I do it about 2 times a week and run the rest. But tae bo is not in the exercises, so I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning. Does anyone else know?

Replies

• EmilyGrace1981
    EmilyGrace1981 Posts: 26 Member
    I was wondering if anyone else like to do tae bo. I do it about 2 times a week and run the rest. But tae bo is not in the exercises, so I'm not sure how many calories I'm burning. Does anyone else know?
  • TLR165
    TLR165 Posts: 8 Member
    I found online that you burn between 500-800 calories in an hour. It depends on how hard the workout is (i.e., basic vs. advanced). I do a basic tae bo workout for 30 minutes and count that has 250 calories burned.
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Sounds about right. I looked it up as well. I count it either as aerobics for easier workout or kickboxing for harder work outs.

I like it, but prefer my live kickboxing classes at the gym. I did NOT like the crunch workout - Billy stood in front of the camera and did nothing! it was my first time to do Tae Bo in a a long time and I was very confused. Which ones do you like?
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    I love doing Taebo. I do it when the weather is too cold or nasty to go out and walk. I can tell it makes a difference, especially when focusing on abs, glutes or arms. I found somewhere that Taebo burns about 460 calories an hour, of course it depends on how hard you work. I enjoy it.
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    what is tae bo?
  • I love doing taebo and used to do it regularly years ago before my knees got really bad. I tried it once this week and it was too painful on my knees to do all the kicking, but I'm going to incorporate the arm work, punches, speedbag etc. into my daily routine. One of my best friends and had the basic tae-bo workout memorized and we went away on a women's retreat and held a tae-bo session in our room with a bunch of other ladies. It's a very fun type of exercise.
  • Najah5150
    Najah5150 Posts: 170
    I like doing Tae Bo....it's a really good workout. Billy tends to kick my butt sometimes. I like doing the Basic & Advanced tape/disc 3 & 4. The calories information is good to know...thanks to you all.
  • missinator
    missinator Posts: 10 Member
    thanks for the calorie information! I just discovered taebo and am loving it cause it is easy to do when it is snowing and you can decide how much you want to put into it. Plus it makes you feel it which is nice cause then you know it is actually doing something. My knees aren't great but I think they hurt with the squats because I haven't been doing them correctly. If you really focus on sitting it works your bum more and doesn't really touch your knees. I hope they don't start hurting with the kicks.
  • EmilyGrace1981
    Thanks for the feedback!! :bigsmile: I like the advanced and I just got Billy's Favorite Moves. I've done it off and on for a year and a half, but I have to be careful of my knees. I like jogging for endurance and Tae Bo for toning.My son likes to watch me do it and laugh at me :laugh: !!
  • EmilyGrace1981
    what is tae bo?

Tae Bo is supposed to be a mix of kickboxing, tae kwon do and basic arobics. There are many videos out there for all levels of fitness. you should try it!!
  • spacie
    spacie Posts: 82
    That sounds pretty cool because i did kickboxing up until brown stripe black belt then did aerobics and now i have started tae kwon do, so sounds like a good combination!
  • well i dont really know how many calories can you burn with tae bo but why dont you try doing it every day from mon-fry it works i lost 10 pounds in 1 month.:smile::smile:
  • zenmama
    zenmama Posts: 1,000
    I do kickboxing and in an hour class I burn 800 calories. Suggestion buy a heart mnitor.

dd
  • Tae Bo isn't in the list of exercises, but kick boxing/tae-kwon-do (sp?) is. I always use that one. The calories burned are the same.