Confused??

Hey guys, i have literally had a week off going to the gym and off dieting. My problem is that I feel really full and guilty for what i have eaten even though im still way below my calorie intake..................im actually confused, also if i try to increase my portion size i feel so full and slugish that it puts me off eating a snack later on. I have lost quite a bit in the last 2 months. Atm im 86Kg and im 6ft 3...... am i just getting used to not eating much now?? (Also for some reason i hate chocolate now which is weird)

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,317 Member
    My guess is your stomach has shrunk some and so it won't let you eat as much. Maybe try eating several smaller meals throughout the day. As far as chocolate goes, I know I don't crave the not-so-healthy stuff quite so much anymore.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    What are you eating that makes you sluggish? Usually the answer is BAD carbs... like bread, fried foods, cake, bagels etc... that puts me in a coma.

It is entirely possible your body knows you don't ned as much food as you were eating...and it craves better food -- which may be why you don't like chocolate.

Stop kiling yourself about a bad day :)

I just took 2 weeks off from the gym, at my goal weight (or more) and actually lost 3 pounds this week. Go figure. Sometimes your body just needs to be shaken up.
  • you really should try to hit your calorie goal. if you're eating too little you might put your metabolism into starvation mode. add some juice or milk to every meal, thats gonna increase your calorie intake and you dont feel too full.
    you dont have to feel guilty about it!!
    please take care! you might develop an eating disorder. :(
  • rubinavarma
    rubinavarma Posts: 5 Member
    i agree you must eat your calorie allowance or you will starve your body. as you are so tall you must ensure you dont look to skinny and from your profile pic i see you are not overweight at all. Please take care and diet responsibly, maybe eat as normal but up the exercise.

when i give my body a break from diet and exercise i tend to lose weight that week, however as soon as i go back to the gym i gain a pound or so- any thoughts
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Just make sure the calories you are eating are healthy ones. :flowerforyou: