To run or not to run?

I have a killer headache and am wondering if working out or running will make it better or worse. I started running again and go to my favorite park to do so. I usually bring my son and his bike, but don't want to disappoint him if we go and have to come home right away. Any thoughts? Guess I'm hoping that running is like sex and it makes headaches go away:)

Replies

• bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    lol, running worsens my headaches (so does sex) :(
  • DisneyMommy
    DisneyMommy Posts: 281 Member
    For me it would depend on the weather. If the air is cooler it seems to make it go away. If the air is warm/hot - forget about it. Good luck on whatever you decide! Hope you feel better soon!
  • PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    RUN! In the end, it's the best option.
    Just don't to get too far from your house in case you need to head back. :)
  • miovlb6
    miovlb6 Posts: 339 Member
    A running coach once told me: If you're feeling sick from the neck up, run; it'll make you feel better. If you're feeling sick anywhere below the neck, skip the run; you'll only feel worse. So far this has always held true for me!
  • elksy
    elksy Posts: 45
    Give it a shot! If your headache gets worse, walk home. If it gets better, awesome! Either way, you're spending more of your time active. :)
  • chesty1
    chesty1 Posts: 4 Member
    walking is the best. It will tone your body without making you bulky, and wont lead to later life injuries. Drink lots of water also!
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    A running coach once told me: If you're feeling sick from the neck up, run; it'll make you feel better. If you're feeling sick anywhere below the neck, skip the run; you'll only feel worse. So far this has always held true for me!

Awesome advice! It is now written on my memo board :)
  • lynnie30
    lynnie30 Posts: 105 Member
    I ran and headache went away within 10 minutes. When I was inside I felt nauseous every time I stood up because it was so bad.....and vomit and I aren't friends so I went into wuss mode. Thanks everyone, I feel so much better!