John Freida Foam Hair Dye

Okay, really? I had a coupon for a free box of john freidas new foam hair dye. My hair is a medium brown color and i bought light brown. So not only does my hair look darker than it was to begin with but i now look like i have brown dandruff stuck to my head... No wonder it was free...

Replies

• I've tried the nice and easy foam hair dye and it sticks to everything. My hair also came out darker using it. I liked that it worked well in staying in my hair right away, but over the long term it didn't hold up. That might be a good thing for u.
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    bummer. i like the loreal foam colour. just a hint though, you can't get your hair to go a whole heck of a lot lighter with at home colour unless you bleach first, they really aren't meant to do that. unless you have gone light brown with other colours before..lol, than just ignore me :P
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    I have a box of this in my cabinet right now :( I haven't used it before.

I have tried the Sammy foam dye and it was amazing.
  • lol, i have went light before with at home colors, but this is the first time ive tried the foam
  • RRT_RCP
    RRT_RCP Posts: 169 Member
    bummer. i like the loreal foam colour. just a hint though, you can't get your hair to go a whole heck of a lot lighter with at home colour unless you bleach first, they really aren't meant to do that. unless you have gone light brown with other colours before..lol, than just ignore me :P

yup, color doesn't lift color.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    tried it last week.

It was very messy. I'll stick with Feria from now on.
  • Okay, really? I had a coupon for a free box of john freidas new foam hair dye. My hair is a medium brown color and i bought light brown. So not only does my hair look darker than it was to begin with but i now look like i have brown dandruff stuck to my head... No wonder it was free...

Unless you bleach your hair it will not lighten....hair color deposit, not lift colors.Also, to avoid the color depositing onto your scalp you'll have to use a tint brush :0)

Not that I am biased (as a former cosmetologist) but I'd definitely say coloring your hair is worth visiting the salon instead of going for the free box :0)
  • sharidiane
    sharidiane Posts: 212 Member
    I used this once this summer. Then my stylist told me to never, ever, EVER use it again, and fixed my color for free because he was so horrified.
  • Okay, really? I had a coupon for a free box of john freidas new foam hair dye. My hair is a medium brown color and i bought light brown. So not only does my hair look darker than it was to begin with but i now look like i have brown dandruff stuck to my head... No wonder it was free...

Unless you bleach your hair it will not lighten....hair color deposit, not lift colors.Also, to avoid the color depositing onto your scalp you'll have to use a tint brush :0)

Not that I am biased (as a former cosmetologist) but I'd definitely say coloring your hair is worth visiting the salon instead of going for the free box :0)

thats odd, ive lightened my hair many many many times using at home coloring before.
  • I am surprised that you had issues with it. I absolutely love it!
  • permanent dye will lighten hair, but semi permanent (aka: wash in) can't lighten hair at all. I don't know what kind that is but it may be part of the issue if it's semi permanent.
  • M155AUS
    M155AUS Posts: 52 Member
    I used John Freida the other day and my bathroom floor is now browner than my hair. I feel a trip to the hairdressers is in order very soon...