Sweets after a meal!

Options
Does anyone else get a major craving for something sweet after you eat?
Do you ignore it?
If you don't, what do you usually have?

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    yes, always! :bigsmile: And I always eat some sweet around 100 cals. ice cream, weight watchers cake, kit kat.....etc

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Something fun size e.g. Mars, Milky Way. 60-80 calories, and that craving gone :)
  • ennaejay
    Options
    Ohhhhhh yes ma'am. Sometimes I ignore it, I like to think I'm not feeding the habit. Other times I go for raisins (they're sickeningly sweet!) or dates. Or there are nights I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerrys. This post didn't help you at all. Sorry about that
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    The skinny cow heavenly crisp candy bars are amazing!!!!!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yes, ALWAYS! I can never ignore it. Only problem is I usually binge because of it.

Sometimes I have nothing sweet in the house though so can't eat anything.... but then just crave the sweet thing for ages til I buy it lol!

x
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    All the time! I think its just a habbit that has to be kicked, but I always let myself have soemthing small and sweet :-) I try to make it a piece of fruit at lunchtime and save my real "treat" for after dinner when i want it the most.
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Ohhhhhh yes ma'am. Sometimes I ignore it, I like to think I'm not feeding the habit. Other times I go for raisins (they're sickeningly sweet!) or dates. Or there are nights I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerrys. This post didn't help you at all. Sorry about that

lol a few raisins or craisins wouldn't be a bad idea! So SEE! You did help! :)
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    Yes! A cigarette helps! I am not into those diet food sweets - so full of chemicals.

:flowerforyou:
  • moushtie
    moushtie Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I like my mini milk ice creams, 60 cals a go.

Another sweet or flavour fix is a couple of tictacs, for 2 cals a sweet.

You could also try sugar free gum, if that's what works for you.

i've recently bought meringue nests (about 60 cals each), but it's far too easy to top them with cream and chocolate!
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Or there are nights I eat an entire pint of Ben and Jerrys.

I do this FAR too often!!
  • chubswonky
    Options
    Yes, ALWAYS! I can never ignore it. Only problem is I usually binge because of it.

Sometimes I have nothing sweet in the house though so can't eat anything.... but then just crave the sweet thing for ages til I buy it lol!

x

haha I wanted lemon cookies for TWO MONTHS...I just kept refusing to buy 'em! haha
  • dvcab
    dvcab Posts: 78
    Options
    low fat flavoured yoghurt seems to quell my sweet tooth also yesterday the first of the cherries are out in Australia so i had a hand full they were so sweet and delish and only 90 cal
  • cornerofgreystreet
    Options
    Hersheys kisses!! 22 calories a piece.
  • Panda_Jack
    Panda_Jack Posts: 829 Member
    Options
    I usually drink a fifth of Tequila and the craving for sweets goes away.
  • bdurls
    bdurls Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I have this problem too! Sometimes I'll just have a few semi sweet chocolate chips. Or I'll chew some sugar free gum, strawberry flavor or something. Or 100 calorie pack of cookies or something.
  • Valechka
    Options
    I do!! Usually I go for a fruit. Sometimes if I really feel fruit is not enough I eat small, like small chocolate piece or a little cookie... with chocolate I usually break it in portions and hide them in different places:))
  • chubswonky
    Options

You just reminded me that I have two bottles of Skinny Girl margaritas!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Wine works wonders too!
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Yes. Sometimes I have a small amount of something sweet, like a couple pieces of chocolate.
    Other times I have fruit, mints, a hard candy, or gum to get the sweet effect. You might also try brushing your teeth -- it certainly kills my appetite after a meal.
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Options
    I usually eat some cheese or fruit, but it also happen that I make a fast healthy snack.

Check out these sites:
    http://www.bodyrock.tv/category/diet-and-nutrition/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/mytrainerbob