Rough Day

Options
I'm having a rough day today. I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and I'm having a pretty bad flare up this morning and can barely walk, but I know I caused it myself. Yesterday I was really good - ate within my calories, drank all my water, lots of fruits and veggies and exercised on the bike for 30 minutes (320 cals according to the machine). I did my stretches after the bike and took a nice warm shower.

I've been meaning to clean up the house some so when I got done, I cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floors. Since I was feeling great and still had energy, I decided to clean up the living room and vacuum. After that, I went upstairs to get ready for bed. When I saw what a mess our bathroom was, I pulled out the bathroom cleaner and went to work since my hubby was still downstairs watching football.

I should've know - I woke up early this morning in terrible pain and had to take pain meds, which means I can't drive (good news is I can work from home if needed). I've done this before and I should know better, but I get this great feeling of accomplishment, so I just keep going and now I probably won't be able to work out today (and I need to bc we're going out and I know I will have at least 1 drink, probably 2). Often, this is when I start to get depressed and overeat, but I'm not going to let that happen today. This is just a minor set back, right? Any advice on staying motivated when you can't workout?

Replies

• IUChelle423
    Options
    I'm having a rough day today. I have rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and I'm having a pretty bad flare up this morning and can barely walk, but I know I caused it myself. Yesterday I was really good - ate within my calories, drank all my water, lots of fruits and veggies and exercised on the bike for 30 minutes (320 cals according to the machine). I did my stretches after the bike and took a nice warm shower.

I've been meaning to clean up the house some so when I got done, I cleaned up the kitchen and swept the floors. Since I was feeling great and still had energy, I decided to clean up the living room and vacuum. After that, I went upstairs to get ready for bed. When I saw what a mess our bathroom was, I pulled out the bathroom cleaner and went to work since my hubby was still downstairs watching football.

I should've know - I woke up early this morning in terrible pain and had to take pain meds, which means I can't drive (good news is I can work from home if needed). I've done this before and I should know better, but I get this great feeling of accomplishment, so I just keep going and now I probably won't be able to work out today (and I need to bc we're going out and I know I will have at least 1 drink, probably 2). Often, this is when I start to get depressed and overeat, but I'm not going to let that happen today. This is just a minor set back, right? Any advice on staying motivated when you can't workout?
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Have you tried zig zagging your calories? If you know you're going to go over today shave some calories off tomorrow or the next day. It helps me stay on track on those days when I go over.
  • jackobean29
    jackobean29 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I have had many rough days this past year. I have had to really fussy babies who do not sleep, on these rough days i often recite the prayer that goes something like this, God grant me the strength to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things that I can and the wisdom to know the difference. I also try, which I know is very hard when your in pain, to focus on all the good in my life and the fact that there are many people in much worse circumstances than myself. I also like to crank up the music when I m feeling depressed and frustrated, it always seems to put me in a good mood.

Take Care.