Accuracy of calories for various activities/exercises

Options
Just wondering how accurate the calorie count is for doing household chores. For instance, I'm at work right now and my boss had us moving heavy boxes about 75 yards to a storage building. (NOT in my job description :mad: ) I logged the activity in MFP since it was ALOT of work, and it said for the hour spent moving the boxes, I burned 720 calories :happy: . This just seems wayyyy over the top to me. Looking for other opinions.

Replies

• plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Just wondering how accurate the calorie count is for doing household chores. For instance, I'm at work right now and my boss had us moving heavy boxes about 75 yards to a storage building. (NOT in my job description :mad: ) I logged the activity in MFP since it was ALOT of work, and it said for the hour spent moving the boxes, I burned 720 calories :happy: . This just seems wayyyy over the top to me. Looking for other opinions.
  • singcoz528
    Options
    sounds about right. I did some community service one day and I logged in 5 hours of gardening/yard work. I burned over 1000 calories!

You did a good job and I think you should celebrate by indulging in some of those calories you burned!

WTG! :drinker:
  • melissa91971
    Options

Did you really work hard at it the entire hour? It might be right but I would guess that if you are concerned about it only eat half of those exercise calories. That's what I would do.

I feel for you on the "not part of your job description" thing. I often have to help with things that are not part of my job too.:grumble:

Just be happy about the extra calories burned!

Happy New Year!

~Mel
  • plm209
    plm209 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Yeah Melissa, that's what I figured. I did work nonstop for the entire hour. I'll probably bank up those calories for tonight and hope for the best. Happy New Year to you too!