Count fruit & veggie calories

Options
I am a bit torn on counting the calories I consume when it's pure fruit and veggies. If I were to deduct the fruit and veggie calories, there are some days I'd so better in my overall calorie counts. Do the majority of you count those calories? Would love your input on this. :)

Replies

• schobert101
    schobert101 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Why in the world wouldn't you count them? They have calories and if not counted you could be way over your limit.
  • routerguy666
    Options
    Sure, count them.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    Of course I count them. If I am consuming it, I count it. Calories are calories.
  • lanie25
    Options
    I count everything but celery.
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    Why wouldn't you count them. If you do not count EVERYTHING, you are only cheating yourself. COUNT EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    They have calories. So yes, I count them. :wink:
  • jowans2004
    jowans2004 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    you must count them...they are calories.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Count them.
  • spammyanna
    spammyanna Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Not only are they calories, but they are sugar, and protein, and fats, and fiber, and vitamins...

Of course you count them!
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    Yup. Calories are calories.

And even fruit and veggies add up if you eat too many. I know. I've pigged out on an entire bag of apples. Really.
  • SusM321
    SusM321 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Oh yes, I count them...I count everything I put in my mouth (including gum)! Otherwise I'm only fooling my mind, definitely not fooling my body!
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    I count EVERYTHING!!! Fruits & veggies are great for you, but you can overeat anything. Good luck!
  • PuzzleGirl65
    PuzzleGirl65 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    This question confuses me.
  • kmumansky
    Options
    I count them! Fruit calories can add up REALLY fast...certain veggies too. Today I had 3 beet slices and apparantly that's 40 calories!? who knew! A common snack for me is 2 cups of some sort of melon and that's 100 calories give or take a few depending on melon type. These things could really mess up my calorie count if not counted.
  • adventuring
    Options
    This question confuses me.

I think she's probably asking because Weight Watchers lets you eat fruits and veggies "free" or something like that. Or so I heard, anyway.
  • alaw1119
    alaw1119 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I also do weight watchers where I don't have to track my veggies and fruit but I have been on this site. I have lost 45 lbs with weight watchers and that was without tracking any of my fruits and veggies except potatoes, corn, and avacados
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    If you eat something and don't log it, you still ate it. Even if your numbers on the screen aren't red, your body knows.

Count everything.
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I eat a ton of veggies and I always always count them..think about it, if you consumed a banana and an avocado that almost 400 calories!! Of course, that's an extreme example, but you should count everything you put in your mouth!
  • jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I count everything including condiments and spices. It gives me peace of mind to know I was actually within my calorie goal and not be guessing all the time. I used to do WW and used to not count those and trust me they do hinder weight loss if too much is being consumed above your calorie goal.
  • MeAgain2011
    MeAgain2011 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    They count. They count. You are better off for eating them, and they are not the same as all other calories when you compare their nutritional value to a bag of chips. But they count.

I wish they didnt.