Planning ahead for extra calories

Options
So, my anniversary is coming up. My husband is going to take me to my favorite steak house. Can I "save" calories from prior days and go over on Steak day? My real plan is not to save calories but to excercise extra. 2 days before.. I know I am walking 7 miles. (as an example)

What do you think??

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I think it's perfectly fine and sounds like a good plan. I do similar things.
  • heyhaleylee
    heyhaleylee Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I think that as long as you stay under in your calorie average for the week, then you should be fine. We're all going to have days in which we eat a bit more haha.
  • poopoomonkey1978
    poopoomonkey1978 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I hope it works because my fiance and I are going out to celebrate 11 years of being together next Saturday and then the friday after that I have a friends wedding reception at an all you can eat buffet. Other then those two nights I do not plan on eating out this month and I am planning on working out more and not eating back those calories.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise a little more when I know I'm going out or to a special event. My advice is to do whatever exercise you want to and enjoy yourself. If you go over on calories so be it. Get back on track the next day. It's your anniversary. Have fun:)
  • midwesthiker
    Options
    That is what I do. I eat light the day before and the day after and get in extra exercise. We all need to celebrate once in awhile! :bigsmile:
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it.... its a special night, enjoy your dinner and get back on track the next day.
    Eat well the rest of the day and plan for your dinner --- It won't ruin all of your progress :)

The other day I had german chocolate cake for lunch --- I knew it was bad but I tracked it as lunch and ate a better dinner.

You can do this and still enjoy your life without feeling punished :)
  • LisaMariaCallow
    Options
    When I know I'm gonna over-do it (my daughter's graduation party-really amazing cake!!) I worked out like a beast that morning!!

Happy Anniversary! Enjoy yourself, don't way over-do it, and mostly, don't feel guilty, just get back n track the next day!:smile:
  • dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,820 Member
    Options
    The dilemma kills me!

I usually skip lunch on big night out. When I go out, I skip the bread, rolls and butter, double up on the veggies and don't eat the starch. But I do love steak and a 10oz chunk or rare beef sounds really good!

Have fun.
  • jeanie✰
    Options
    I totally think it's okay -- I do sorta the same thing. HOWEVER, superduper watch how much sodium you take it. Sodium makes you retain sooooo much water that, even though it eventually goes away, makes everything seem much worse than it probably was. >.<
  • RoseCoreling
    RoseCoreling Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I usually exercise a little more when I know I'm going out or to a special event. My advice is to do whatever exercise you want to and enjoy yourself. If you go over on calories so be it. Get back on track the next day. It's your anniversary. Have fun:)

This 100%!! It's your anniversary! Have fun, workout like you normally would and give yourself a "cheat" meal...just maybe take it a little lighter the next day.
  • chedges9090
    chedges9090 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!