For the ladies: makeup question

Options
What kind of makeup do you use and why do you like it? I need/want to revamp and replace all my current supplies. Right now I have all different brands

Replies

• jennienilsson
    Options
    I love Clinique. have sensitive dry skin and I fnd their product really good for ths. I also love being able to try new products for free durng bonus time.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I like the revlon colorstay.. It lasts ALL day, covers great and it's not too heavy.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I don't wear a lot of makeup, but I love CoverGirl's LashBlast Volume Blasting Mascara...one tube lasts a while and it goes on really nice. Haha I'm 21 and I just starting wearing makeup. I had no idea how to do any of it until a year or so ago!
  • ktbug82
    ktbug82 Posts: 166
    Options
    I use bare minerals. I like it because it doesn't leave the lines that some makeup can. It also looks more natural. For my eyeshadows I use Avon. They have some really good deals sometimes on eyeshadow packages (look it up!) so it's just a lot cheaper than buying in the store. I love my liquid eye liner from Avon and the bottle lasts forever. Mascara = anything that isn't one of the huge brushes. I can't stand those on my eyelashes. The mascara brushes that are curved actually work well for getting your eyelashes to curl up more and look thicker without clumping. Hope this helps! :)
  • mdblaker
    Options
    I have been using Revlon Colorstay Foundation since the early nineties. It really does have more staying power than other foundations I have tried. As far as other make-ups, I usually use whatever suits my fancy......I am looking to try the mineral foundation though. I have 2 friends who use it and their skin looks amazing when it is on - but very natural. Bare Essentials I think?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    Depends on what product. I like the Temptu air pods for foundation, Nars for blush, Urban Decay for eye liners and shadows, Dior for mascara, Nars and Sephora for lipstick.
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Bare Escentuals

It's all I really wear(when I actually wear it)
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    Get foundation/powder through Clinique or Mary Kay.

Eye shadows and lipstick/lip glosses through Avon. Love Avon books....pretty good makeup for a reasonable price!!
  • Snakey74
    Snakey74 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Two words:
    Bare Minerals.

It's amazing. You never think liquid foundation bothers you until you try this stuff. Plus, it has SPF built in. It's worth the money.

But mascara? I'll never use anything other than Voluminous. Ever.
    (oh, and if it's not to pricey for your pocketbook, and if it's something that interests you, Latisse really DOES work! my lashes look amaaaaaazing!)

Good luck!
  • HollieDoodles
    HollieDoodles Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    MAC!!!! It's used in fashion shows and for magazine shoots. That stuff rocks!
  • Bethywethy93
    Options
    I use wet n wild and elf. They are cheap and they have great products.
    Also I like cover girl mascara :)
  • mermaidrhirhi
    mermaidrhirhi Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Mac is a dream, except for their mascara I find is a little clumpy. Their sheer foundations with spf make my skin perfectly dewey without oil and have minerals, so it's good for you :)
    If you're looking to go a little cheaper, stick with anything natural and with minerals. These will keep your skin looking nicer underneath, and that way, days where makeup is a no, you won't be scared to see the light of day.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Clinique, Covergirl, Neutrogena, Bare Minerals -- pretty much everyone is one of those brands.
    I don't think one single brand exists where I like everything :)
  • TiffanyA2008
    Options
    For my foundation, I use a mineral makeup. The brand I use is Fresh Minerals. I REALLY want to try Bare Minerals or Sheer Cover. As far as everything else it is all different brands. A different brand for mascara, a different one for eye shadows, blush, lip gloss, eye liner, everything. I LOVE a mineral base makeup because it seems so fresh and it is so light weight and easy on the skin. It gives you the coverage you want without looking heavy and cakey. I choose different brands for everything else because I just found that I REALLY REALLY loved them. I don't mind that they are all different. :)
  • A_Brunner
    Options
    I do not wear any makeup! It's a wonderful feeling.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I really hate wearing make-up but I have to wear one at work or parties. The few ones that I wear for my work/parties. For my face powder I love Maybelline but my eyeliner, eyeshadow that I only used when going to parties, mousse cheek blush & lipstick are all from Avon.
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I'm a covergirl girl! I love the mascara (brown-black is my shade, because brown is too light, black is too dark) and then the eyeliner has the smudge thing.. Awesome! :)
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Check out makeupgeek.com There are a TON of great guides. Also try watching Makeup Geek and Michelle Phan on youtube too. :D
  • thegymbunny
    thegymbunny Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Go to sephora with some extra money, and go CRAZY

I LOVE that place, it's my heaven(if my heaven wasn't a restaurant)
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    MAC eyeliner is a god.

I also love Urban Decay.