Left Over Calories

Options
I always have between 100-250 calories left over at the end of the day...I usually notice this around 8-9 pm
Should I eat that late or should I just continue to not get my target calorie intake?

Replies

• Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    If your hungry eat them, time doesn't matter!
  • amccord2
    amccord2 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    All of the articles I read say don't eat within 3 1/2 hours of going to bed. So, you will probably be better off not eating, as long as you have eaten frequent, small meals throughout the day.
  • d_llopez
    d_llopez Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Try to get them in earlier before bed time.If your just not hungry then just leave them out. There is a difference and eating a couple hours before is your best bet. My aim is for 6 pm and I try not to have anything after that time.
  • Minimomma24
    Minimomma24 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks :) Yea I'm never hungry I just thought it was bad to go under your calorie goal so I was making myself eat them.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry or want a little treat then eat them. If not then don't. M-F I usually have 200-300 left and sometimes I have a snack and sometimes I don't. It's whatever works for you:)
  • HollyTsiaussis
    HollyTsiaussis Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, then have a light snack such as baby carrots and hummus, wheat thins, a granola bar, a piece of fruit. Something along those lines. And if you're not, it's fine. It's okay to have some calories left over at the end of the day. :)
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    My two cents: Eat if you're hungry, otherwise don't. There's too much controversy about the whole eating too close to bed time thing, and I haven't seen reliable research findings that give it credence. I suggest you don't worry about that part.