Need help with taking multivitamins

Options
I'm currently on a 1200 calorie/day diet and I want to take multivitamins cause there are times that I feel I'm very low on energy. The problem is every time I do take them I get hunger pangs! Even if I'm snacking in between meals I feel hungry most of the time with them. I've tried one a day, centrum, enervon, blackmores and all of them makes me hungry. I'm trying Vita-Lea today to see if it has any effect on my appetite. Do you have any suggestions as to what vits to take? Thanks!

Replies

• loseatonlady
    Options
    When do you take them? Maybe try taking them at bedtime? Then you're sleeping while they really start working ... Try it, it's worth a try & you really need to take them!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,080 Member
    Options
    Take them with a meal, or right before bed with a full glass of water - minimum 8 ounces. Vitamins tend to upset some peoples' tummies, but even if that's not it you should take them with a meal. That should stop the problem.
  • Flodanna
    Options
    I JUST started taking vitamins, sad because I am 35. I take them in the am, but eat a large breakfast. I am going to switch to before bed, because if I wait 30 min before eating I am so nauseated. Everyone told me to take them and I would feel less tired and after I gave in it really started to work. Do you feel hungry without vitamins on 1200 a day? I would!
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I take mine with breakfast, since it's my the biggest meal of the day. I remember taking a multivitamin on an empty stomach when I first got it , and felt nauseous afterward.
  • Corby86
    Corby86 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on a 1200 calorie/day diet and I want to take multivitamins cause there are times that I feel I'm very low on energy. The problem is every time I do take them I get hunger pangs! Even if I'm snacking in between meals I feel hungry most of the time with them. I've tried one a day, centrum, enervon, blackmores and all of them makes me hungry. I'm trying Vita-Lea today to see if it has any effect on my appetite. Do you have any suggestions as to what vits to take? Thanks!

If your eating a healthy diet you should be OK and not need a multi. . .maybe try a B-complex for energy. . .also go for the better quality - the extra few dollars are worth it
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I JUST started taking vitamins, sad because I am 35. I take them in the am, but eat a large breakfast. I am going to switch to before bed, because if I wait 30 min before eating I am so nauseated. Everyone told me to take them and I would feel less tired and after I gave in it really started to work. Do you feel hungry without vitamins on 1200 a day? I would!
    FLODANNA u have a pic of a lady at the bottom of ur thread that has the most awesomeiest (im sure that isnt a word) abs ive ever seen.

about the vitamins...i take the gummies one day for women and ive never gotten that issue. do u do the gummies or pills?
  • cmriverside
    Options

If your eating a healthy diet you should be OK and not need a multi. . .maybe try a B-complex for energy. . .also go for the better quality - the extra few dollars are worth it

There is no way to get sufficient nutrients on 1200 a day.
  • cmriverside
    Options
    ...unless you're juicing........
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I'll take it next time with a full stomach after breakfast maybe. Tried it before dinner but I woke up really hungry the next day lol. And yes I don't think my body is quite adjusted to the 1200 cals a day diet so I might be missing some essential nutrients. Thanks for all the advise! Goodluck to all ^_^
  • cervenec
    Options
    vitamins need to be taken with meals because some get into the body better when they can attach to food, I think? I generally take mine right after I eat, or right before I go to bed to avoid the nausea I get sometimes.
  • epoint
    Options
    I take Centrum Silver (yes, I'm old, lol!) at bedtime with no problems.