New Years Midnight 4m Run!

Options
so i don't know where you guys are from, but if you're in the new york tri-state area... tonight, there is this run around central park at midnight for the new year and it's part of the road runners club. if you sign up by 10:30pm you can register to run and it's a 4 mile run. it starts with music and dancing and then it ends at tavern on the green for some drinks and food. i think that's a nice healthy way to start off the near year. i know it's a little last minute, i just found out about it and i live in the city, so i'm definitely going, maybe i'll see some of you there!!

here's the site:

http://www.nyrr.org/races/2008/r1231x00.asp

Replies

• lemondropdreams
    Options
    so i don't know where you guys are from, but if you're in the new york tri-state area... tonight, there is this run around central park at midnight for the new year and it's part of the road runners club. if you sign up by 10:30pm you can register to run and it's a 4 mile run. it starts with music and dancing and then it ends at tavern on the green for some drinks and food. i think that's a nice healthy way to start off the near year. i know it's a little last minute, i just found out about it and i live in the city, so i'm definitely going, maybe i'll see some of you there!!

here's the site:

http://www.nyrr.org/races/2008/r1231x00.asp
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    i actually considered bundling up and running at midnight for a mile at least but i may not even make midnight
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Wow, this is so cool!!

Have fun!! :flowerforyou:
  • NB_Lady
    NB_Lady Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Wow........this is a really great idea and hope you all have a great time:flowerforyou:

I'm STILL not at that point where I would look at running new years eve but hopefully with new mentality next year this won't be so far of a stretch!!:ohwell:

Unfortunately, I'll be munching on something WAY too fattening and having a cold one when the clock strkes 12.........of course I could buy one of those hardhats with the drink holder and straw and give it a try:huh: :bigsmile:

Guess not:noway: ........I SO admire anyone who does this though:smile: Have fun:flowerforyou:
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Wow, that sounds fun. but I'm thinking I'll be drunk right around then, and wont be able to run 4 miles!!! :drinker:

(and I dont live anywhere near NYC)