I RAN my first whole mile today!

Options
olyrose
olyrose Posts: 569 Member
I have never been athletic, never run a full mile in my life, not even during those presidential fitness tests in middle school and high school. Last week, I ran 10 minutes straight, which was the longest I had ever run consecutively. Then my next trip to the gym, I ran for 6 minutes straight.

Today, I ran for 16 minutes straight, and 1.25 miles. Not fast by any means, but it was straight through and awesome! I felt so good to know that something that seemed so distant and unobtainable is actually within my capabilities.

:drinker:

Replies

• swaggadactyl
    swaggadactyl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Great job! That's an awesome accomplishment and I'm sure just one of many to come :)
  • braunle
    Options
    Awesome I'm working towards that goal myself!
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I am working on getting to that point too, tho I have a ways to go!!
  • DisneyMommy
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Keep up the great work!
  • BostonGrammy
    Options
    Wonderful!! What an accomplishment. Way to go!!
  • sharonus
    Options
    I remember the first time in recent memory I ran a mile straight. My mouth was dry and I was huffing and puffing, but I just had to call my friend to tell her. Great job! That's a real accomplishment!
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Nice!!!! you should be proud of yourself and if no one else celebrates you we do .. that is a wonderful accomplishment and one thing for certain you know that you can do anything you set your mind to do .. congrats and keep it up 5K here she comes :-)
  • dannylives
    Options
    I know what you're talking about, I did something similar and I felt like I could do anything else goal-wise, if I just put my mind to it! Good job!
  • amazing, you will be running a 5k in noooooooo time :D i ran my first half marathon 2 weeks ago, starting out just like you :D
  • teri1956
    teri1956 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I would rather crawl a mile vs run. So, kudos to you!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I have never been athletic, never run a full mile in my life, not even during those presidential fitness tests in middle school and high school. Last week, I ran 10 minutes straight, which was the longest I had ever run consecutively. Then my next trip to the gym, I ran for 6 minutes straight.

Today, I ran for 16 minutes straight, and 1.25 miles. Not fast by any means, but it was straight through and awesome! I felt so good to know that something that seemed so distant and unobtainable is actually within my capabilities.

:drinker:

Great job!
  • JJHudgens
    JJHudgens Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    NOT easy to do! Way to go! :)
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Thank you all! I am feeling pretty good, but so much of my motivation and inspiration is seeing what everyone else on here can accomplish too. Keeps me going, and keeps me believing and pushing myself and trying a little harder.
  • dancingdeer
    dancingdeer Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Whoo hoo!!!! Good for you! I've been running since Junior High - which was a LONG time ago! Keep it up! :drinker:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!