Maintenance!

Options
Thetera
Thetera Posts: 49 Member
hi! i just got to my goal weight and i have a question for all you sucess stories on here :D when you finally got down to you goal weight did you switch to maintenance mode on your calories? adding 500 calories to your weight loss calories? or did you do something else? i know i just switched and have started gaining a pound a day :/ i was wondering what other people do to maintain their goal weight!

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I switched to maintenance months ago and it really does work. Enjoy! :drinker:
    P.S. A pound a day? Are you sure? That seems pretty bizarre. :huh:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    We are all so different! Remember too that if your 500 cals are in 'good' food, that can weigh quite a bit!

I went to maintenance slowly, but kept losing. My maintenance calories seem to be about 800 more than you would expect :bigsmile: :huh: :huh: :bigsmile: . Some people maintaining find they need less than mfp predicts. Experiment a bit.
  • Thetera
    Thetera Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    thank you guys! i will try slowly working my way up to the maintenance calories then and stop when i start gaining, im hoping the pounds gained this week are mostly water :/ it took me forreeeever to loose the last five! i also turned up my workout a bit because with all the extra food i felt alot more energetic so maybe some of its muscle? im getting a body fat percentage test tomorrow so i guess i will find out then :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!