Down from XXXL to M & an improved health

Options
Its been 3 months since I first posted my weight loss success. Although my scale do budged down a lot but I feel my true victory is not in terms of my scale numbers but in improving my health. It was 2006 when I was first diagnosed prediabetic but being a stubborn 27 year old then I just ignored it then come 2 years later, I was diagnosed with PCOS & all of a sudden my dress size ballooned from a regular XL to a plus size L (XXL or XXXL) & weight from 140 to 165 lbs. Aside from my period problems that I have from the start, my legs started to ache because it could not hold on to my weight since I've never been that heavy before & my diabetes worsened & I became a full blown diabetic. Come mid last year when I discovered that I have a hypertension upon getting my results in a pre-employment medical exam (of course I was rejected from the job because of my condition) although I lost 4 lbs. then.

That was when I decided to take control of my health & begin this lifelong journey called fitness. August last year when I started it at 161 lbs. Then last December, I was down to 150 lbs. & felt stronger however I plateaued afterwards for 4 1/2 months. One time while I was doing a research, I accidentally came across this site & since I find it interesting so I decided to give it a try. I joined MFP first week of June with a starting weight of 145 lbs. After only 2 weeks, my weight dropped to 142 then became 141 the following week. To make this story short, I lost a lot since I joined MFP & now after 3 months & 24 lbs. down from my MFP starting weight, I can now say I feel a lot better, my menstrual pain is gone (though I'm still very much irregular but that's a different story) , I'm becoming less sickly now that I don't have to take a sick leave 2x a month anymore like I used to, my dress sizes went down from a plus size XXL to a regular M, waist line down from 36 inches to 27 inches, I can now do martial arts & play sports again & more importantly, I can now get away without my hypertension & diabetes meds. I can now see my glucose meter says that blood sugar level went down from 200 to 118 (100 is the normal) but sometimes I get below 100. My blood pressure also went down from a 150/100 to 110/70. My doctor was very impressive with all the changes.

Yes there are in-between times that my weight yo-yoed from 160-140 through diet pills (that I ever regret using of) but its through the good old proper dieting & exercise that I actually reached my ideal weight & a healthy BMI of 22.2. Above all my improved health.

Replies

• gemmie_c
    gemmie_c Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Goodness me-you have done so well and are really seeing the benefits in the mirror and more importantly your health.
    You should give yourself a big pat on the back and feel wonderful as I know your story will inspire others.
    What a great effort. Onwards and downwards. :)

Gem x
  • editara13
    editara13 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Congratulation to you :-) You have done an amazing job :-)

3574379.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    Thanks guys :o) It was actually a tough struggle especially that I also had PCOS but its worth it & now I'm doing the best I can to stay this way.
  • LuckieSC
    Options
    Thank you for this post; it's very inspiration to know that others out there also had the same problem but have overcome it. I am proud of you for all of your hard work in dedication. Soon I know I will be able to follow this same weightloss and lifestyle change.
  • cj1234cj23
    cj1234cj23 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I hope to remember you when I become discouraged! What a wonderful testimony
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    Options
    I hope to remember you when I become discouraged! What a wonderful testimony

Thanks :o) There were also days that I felt bad whenever there is an ice cream at the house & I couldn't eat it not only because of the weight loss but also in my diabetes and i love ice cream :o( & also don't feel like exercising. That is normal but just keep in mind that you can do it. All those months were a struggle for me most of the time but I realized that with determination, there is nothing impossible.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!