Zaggora Hot pants - any use ?

Options
Hi all,

wondering if anyones had any results with the help of these ? x

Replies

• Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I've never heard of these before... but they look like bike pants that make you sweat.
    I guess they would work well at making you sweat more but I find it hard to believe that anything else will happen.
    Except that you will be $30 poorer!
  • mrscampbe11
    mrscampbe11 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Fellow MFPer's blog on them:

http://alsfoodandfitness.blogspot.com/2011/07/hotpants-diary-week-one.html

They keep coming up on my Groupon emails and I am in two minds myself...
  • selinaesme5
    Options
    Ive brought them off the groupen voucher I run 4-5 times a week and will be interested to see if makes a difference!
    Its worth a try ! will let you know !
  • psychmz3
    psychmz3 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    They make you sweat more. Great. Drink water and you are back to where you started. Same as sitting in a sauna but at least you can stretch and relax in there.
  • glypta
    glypta Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I agree - I think all you'll get is a sweaty @rse. I can get that without the hotpants, unfortunately! But please updates me/us if they're a miracle after all!
  • jooles0
    Options
    I got some on the Groupn offer thingy. Yes they make you sweat more. I can't say if they have made a difference inch wise as its early days but they HAVE improved the skin and they are pretty comfy.

I am not sure they will make a huge difference I just can't resist a bargain when it comes up and needed new shorts :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have had them on my group on thing too. I think they sound like a con. Making you sweat more will dehydrate you short term, but I doubt they make a difference to your weight in the longer run.
  • jooles0
    Options
    If they really did what they claim we would all be wearing body suits 24/7 made out of the stuff :)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I might get some.. I'm currently bottom end of large at 88cm (34 and half inch) but if I keep losing inches as I have by the end of the month the larges will be far too big for me.. so thinking of going for mediums even though they maybe a really tight fit to start with.

Seems silly to pay £44 if they only gonna fit for first month until I lose weight? especially if they really do make you lose a few sizes in a few weeks!

What you think? should go for medium and hope I can lose that inch I need to get in them within the next month?
  • shakybabe
    Options
    sorry.. it posted it twice, but wouldn't let me just delete the text.

Anyone got the mediums? will they stretch past 34" (maybe an extra inch).. I think as the larges stretch to 100 they are soon going to be miles to big but not too sure?
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I just wore mine for a C25K run for the first time today. Incredibly sweaty but so comfortable. Because I'm still pretty big and wobbly, sometimes the whole belly issue makes running about and jumping up and down quite uncomfortable but I felt very held in and secure in my hot pants and sports bra so for me they were worth the £20 groupon. Whether or not they reduce cellulite or make me lose inches I don't know, but they are very very comfortable. Though I did sweat so much I wondered if I had wet myself on the way round!
  • shakybabe
    Options
    lol.. oops! :embarassed:

What size did you get? do you find they have enough give to stretch another inch or very tight fitting and won' t fit unless you are exactly within the size guide for that size?

Thanks
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    I wear about a UK18 in bottoms and bought the XL. They are a bit of a mission to put on but I think they would have fit if
    I were a bit bigger. They do have a fair bit of give in them but I wouldn't go too small in case the waistband at the top gets uncomfortable. They sit just below my bra so they are quite high up. They just remind me of spanx so if you've worn them before go for a similar size. :)
  • angw7
    angw7 Posts: 69
    Options
    Hi there,
    I bought some 2 weeks ago and I'm taking part in the 2 weeks challenge that Hot Pants are running on Facebook. I love my HP as in 11 days, I have already lost 5lbs (got on the scales last night so probably not the best time as heavier so estimate that it would have been 6lbs) and my clothes are feeling really loose. I will measure myself Monday morning but already know by my clothes that it will be good. My skin feels smoother and they are such great support when exercising. Yes, it's true, you sweat loads (80% more according to their website) but I equally drink at least 1 litre when doing an hour cardio at the gym so I replenish my body and don't feel weak or unwell from loss of too much water...
    I can't confirm if this is a con or not but my experience is good so far and I think they are worth trying, especially if you are big at the bottom like me. They look nice so you can wear them at the gym.
    I am a 12/14 bottom and got a Large which is now too big for me so have ordered a medium.

Hope this helps. :-)
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I'm trying to win some off ebay to save having to ship from US.. or. does anyone know a UK reseller of them to buy new? (in case I don't win the auction!)

I'm not sweating as much as I did when first started using the bin liner and haven't lost any inches or pounds for a few days and I've got a weigh-in tomorrow (october challenge on here).
  • shakybabe
    Options
    I won some of these today off ebay... so hoping for good results in time for xmas!
  • cjaszcz1
    Options
    I ordered the medium shorts through the Groupon deal in early Dec. I think it cost about $7.00 + shipping. They took awhile to ship, so I just got them today. They are comfortable, they just feel thick. I put them on about 30 min ago to wear around the house and maybe to bed tonight. They already feel warm and supportive. I measured my hips (39"), natural waist (34.5"), waist (37" at widest part - just below natural waist/belly button), and the widest part of each thigh (23" each). I plan to wear the shorts as much as I can and keep you posted. I am not very active, but recently started working out 4-5 times a week for only 30 min. Alternating weights and cardio (low to moderate intensity walking and/or biking) - depending on what's available. I also started gentle yoga at least once a week. I'm hoping these "hot pants" help me lose inches faster than normal. Tomorrow I plan to wear them to the gym.

To the person wondering about ordering a size down, It depends on how far you are from the smaller size. They do stretch but, I think I read another review elsewhere (maybe on Groupom) stating the leg seems rubbed and caused sores, I believe that is because she ordered a size down. I normally wear an 8/10 depending on style and brand. The medium fit well and only feel a little snug on he waist for me. I am a little concerned that if the claims are true I may have to order the small in as little as 2 weeks due to the way the medium fits. Problem is there is no way I'd pay full price since I got these for so little.

Wish me luck.
  • mclightning
    mclightning Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I wear them everytime I exercise. They do make you sweat more, but to me it feels like an accomplishment. I haven't done the measuring yet, but my pants are looser. I bought a M and they are perfect. I'm a 32" waist.

Hope this helps.
  • Jayneoh
    Jayneoh Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi, I won some of the hot pants from their facebook competition a few weeks ago. I ordered XL as I am a uk size 24-26. I didn't wear them or even try to put them on when they arrived as they looked big but not big enough for me! They also feel like the material from a wet suit. I didn't give them a second thought until I started myfitnesspal this week and have decided to take control of my life and weight. I've being doing Zumba wii this week and this morning I decided to try and get the pants on and they went on really easily to my surprise. They were comfy and it felt better to work out in them than it did my joggy bottoms as it holds all my wobbly bits in and I felt it was easier to move around.

I'm not worried about the size of these as I think they would fit me if I got to a size 18-20 as they stretch a lot!

After zumba, my bottom, and legs were sweatier than usual. I read other reviews on here saying that it would just help you loose water weight but I was always under the impression that if you sweat, its you sweating out fat and it was a good thing. I don't care if it is water weight anyway as they were comfy and I found they were beneficial for my movement - also heard that they will be good for cellulite.

I will let you know how I get on!