Has anyone lost the belly fat in the last few lbs?

Options
I have lost 35lbs and have around 20lbs to go (estimate, always thought id stop when happy) but my belly has hardly changed at all, was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and can give me piece of mind that it will go with the last 20 odd!

Replies

• spongela
    Options
    yeah i think a lot of people are in the same boat there, as its the last place that you generally lose fat off. Its the last place that i need to lose fat off but its gradually getting there even if it is slow. I'm just eating foods that are low in fat and high in protein to build more muscle and doing a mixture of cardio and strength training with weights 4-5 times a week

just keep being persistent with it :)
  • ndmckeown
    ndmckeown Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    It may have changed more than you realise! I previously lost loads of weight and was convinced that none of it had come off my gut. It was only when I saw before and after pictures that I realised that it actually had!

When you look at yourself in the mirror every day, it's hard to notice the changes.
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I have lost 35lbs and have around 20lbs to go (estimate, always thought id stop when happy) but my belly has hardly changed at all, was just wondering if anyone has had the same problem and can give me piece of mind that it will go with the last 20 odd!

Oh, do I have the same problem??!! YES, and many of my friends here do too. I am down to my last 3lbs or so, having lost 21lbs, and I'm still wobbling a bit. But rest assured, it is getting distinctly smaller! I would say though, that exercise as well as diet has helped quite a lot in toning up the muscles.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem! My whole body is toning up now, but i still have fat in the belly region!! It will definitely be the last thing to go! Hang in there!
  • TinaLTaylor79
    TinaLTaylor79 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yes my belly was the last to change...its not perfect, but its flat and i can wear whatever i want now...I had about 22lbs left when i started slowly seeing a Big change in my belly!!! But, i also picked up my game and did alot of ab workouts too around that time, im sure it was a mixture of both. If you dont want it to look to flabby, make sure you are doing an ab workout at least 4 or 5 times a week while you are shedding those last few lbs.
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Yep me too. I've earned the nickname "Smallbum" since I started dropping weight but I still have to peer over my belly!
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    For women that is a hard place to lose fat, especially after you have had children. It will shrink with time and exercise. As long as I can fit in my clothes and not have a muffin top in my jeans I am happy even if it never totally goes away.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    The belly is always the last to go... i am currently working on reducing my bodyfat %, so i know it is getting smaller, but it seems to be taking FOREVER! you just have to keep at it and be patient! x
  • xNightguestx
    xNightguestx Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone...will up my ab workouts on top of everything else. Can't wait for it to catch up with the rest of my body and flow nicely from head to toe :)
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    Hey, we have the same issue going on. Come and join us here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/333432-burn-the-belly

:flowerforyou: