Keep at it - it works!

Options
Hi--

So, I've been using MFP for a month. I have been very focusing on eating whole, clean, healthy foods, and riding my bike as much as I can. I have a dream of one day being able to race in my age group. Anyway, to do so, I definitely need to drop weight. But this while month, I've ranged from 170 to 172, back and forth, day in and day out. I was so frustrated by this. Three days ago, the scale jumped up to 173 and I was so disappointed. Then yesterday, it hit 169.5 and this morning, 167.5.

It's happening!

I seriously couldn't understand how I could be so focused, and so often hungry, with absolutely no change.

But now it's starting. And I'm very excited.

:-)

Replies

• fitsize12
    Options
    Good for you. I try to only weigh myself once a week same time and just go on that not noticing a real difference yet but trying.
  • adamsonam
    Options
    That's awesome, keep it up!!
  • joakool
    joakool Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep up the good work -- it's worth the struggle!
  • tanyadawsonryan
    Options
    Congratulations! You made it work! Good job.
  • BeeZeeB
    Options
    Congratulations and no it is not an overnight process. It does take dedication. Continue the good work and you will be on your way to a healthier you. Wow!!! I sound like an infomercial. It has taken me 5 months to lose 31 pounds. At least I know that I am doing it the safe and natural way!!! Enjoy your weekend!!!!
  • wildestian
    wildestian Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    This is exactly what was happening to me, the scale didn't move the first month but I didn't lose hope nad now it's starting to go down. It's about commitment. I've never been this commited to something In my live :) which makes me feel so proud.
    Keep it up, no matter what the scale says!
  • u04kmm5
    u04kmm5 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's great news! I am glad you are getting results because it means your hard work is paying off!
    Well done!
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Good for you! I've been at this four months and have lost 30 pounds. Slow and steady wins this race! It took me a few years to pack on the pounds, and I don't expect to drop them overnight.

Keep at it!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!