Are underwear progress pics offensive?

Options

Replies

• lakersfan4life
    lakersfan4life Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Plain bikini cut undies are fine but frilly, see through, or thongs are frowned upon.. by me. i dont know what the policy is though. I seen pic a few months ago where she covered her front with a hanging towel but left her butt exposed and used her hands to cover her breast. That was inappropriate.

Please post link.

thank you
  • slimmerchick
    slimmerchick Posts: 189 Member
    Options

haha - it wasn't you! it was a guy saying he thought we needed more underwear shots - kinda made me wonder if it was a good idea as some people might look at them for the wrong reasons!! xxx

Phew! x
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I posted a picture that showed my nipples and no one cared. so why not undies and a bra?
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    If you live in fear of offending people on MFP you will never post anything. Put the pics up!
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    It would be if I posted myself. No one wants to see that, trust me! Others, eh. It's individual.
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    Is it a thong? I will get very offend if you are in bikini briefs...
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Don't worry there aren't any perverts on here.

*kicks bottle of lotion and box of Kleenex under desk* :smokin:
  • Jena_72
    Jena_72 Posts: 1,057
    Options
    That completely depends on how cute the underwear in question are.

Granny panties? Yes. I'm offended.
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Jena_72
    Options
    just you mentioning underwear in your title got you over 1700 views!!
  • adrian_indy
    adrian_indy Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is supportive, I have this cute little banana hammock I've been itching to try on and post to my thread.
  • Jena_72
    Options
    just you mentioning underwear in your title got you over 1700 views!!
    Geeeez! make that 1800 now!
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Even though a bikini is structurally the same, there is something about being in underwear that makes it more intimate and, on a public site, riskier.
  • Womona
    Womona Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    I'm glad everyone is supportive, I have this cute little banana hammock I've been itching to try on and post to my thread.

hahahahaha! That's hilarious! :tongue:
  • radicalreader
    radicalreader Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    The Internet is public and permanent.

My rule of thumb for Internet and emails: Am I comfortable with the possibility that the entire world could see / read what I've just posted.

My parents?
    My kids?
    My church?
    My boss?
    My husband's coworkers and poker buddies?
    My neighbor?
    Some anonymous pervert?
    What if somebody at work printed it and hung it in the break room?

If any of those thoughts make me uncomfortable, that's enough to put the kibosh on it because you never know where things will end up.
  • rsqsquad05
    Options
    Do it girl! The ones that gross me out are the naked men that stand in front of a mirror and BARELY cut it off in time for me to see everything. One you can even see hair that you don't wanna see?! Gag!!! BUT even that is their choice I just click the back button and rememebr not to look at that one again LMAO
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Do it girl! The ones that gross me out are the naked men that stand in front of a mirror and BARELY cut it off in time for me to see everything. One you can even see hair that you don't wanna see?! Gag!!! BUT even that is their choice I just click the back button and rememebr not to look at that one again LMAO

You can't properly see decent transverse abdominal definition without peepin' a little pubes.
  • bmqbonnie
    bmqbonnie Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm not offended by it at all and have many, many pics of myself in underwear on my computer and that I've posted on a more private site. Personally, on a site like this I'm more comfortable posting pics of myself in a bikini or in a sports bra and shorts. Logically it's the same, and I'm not especially worried about pervs, but you never know who's out there.
  • missduffbug
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! Never expected that many replies/views!!!

That's crazy. I didn't even think many would reply to it as I'm sure plenty of people have thought about it/asked previously.
    Kinda thinking that I'm definitely not gonna post underwear one now!!!
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness!! Never expected that many replies/views!!!

That's crazy. I didn't even think many would reply to it as I'm sure plenty of people have thought about it/asked previously.
    Kinda thinking that I'm definitely not gonna post underwear one now!!!

It's ok, you can just send it to my private inbox and I can let all MFP know that the results are fabulous.
  • bflicker11
    Options
    I don't think that would be offensive at all. If someone finds it to be, they don't have to look!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!