Weekend filled with RIB BBQ and RIBFest!! HELP!!

Options
It's the long weekend and our neighbourhood is putting on the summer end annual BBQ. This weekend we actually have two BBQ parties and the annual RIB Fest is in Burlington so we are going to that with the family too. Soooo much food!

I would love suggestions on how to stay within my calorie intake and enjoy some awesome food too? How do you handle parties where all your favorits are displayed for you to eat?

Replies

• ritajean3
    ritajean3 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Bring a wicked cool salad and munch on that and a small amount of ribs or eat before you go so you can only have some. Put a glass of water in your hand and fill up on that. Socalise :) time talkin is time not eatting
  • brewingaz
    brewingaz Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Hey I do BBQ all the time. I'm doing a BBQ pork shoulder on Saturday and BBQ ribs on Sunday. The trick? Hit the gym hard in the morning to open up extra calories for the evening.
  • ChrystenMB
    Options
    Avoid fatty parts of the ribs and don't do any sauce. It's all about the smokey flavor after all! Also, try using a different mindset. Don't eat ribs to get full, just eat ribs for the flavor. Once you have tasted them, eat other foods to feel satisfied.
  • MzMiller1215
    MzMiller1215 Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Run while you're eating. :laugh: I fully intend on eating some BBQ this weekend. I'm just going to eat a little bit of everything. Portion control is key. Try to squeeze in some cardio first thing in the morning to offset any possible weight gain.
  • Gilbrod
    Gilbrod Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Hey I do BBQ all the time. I'm doing a BBQ pork shoulder on Saturday and BBQ ribs on Sunday. The trick? Hit the gym hard in the morning to open up extra calories for the evening.

^^^^^ That! And drink 2 glasses of water before each binge. It'll help you binge less.
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    Eat 1 rib, run around the block, repeat:wink:

Or just have a great time and enjoy yourself:drinker:
  • clairaustin
    Options
    I always make a point of being too sociable to eat!! honestly, it really works, you just don't have time to eat cos you're too busy chatting!
  • caribouisland
    Options
    Eat really healthy and exercise the day before... and same on day of until you get there... try to drink as much as you can... but enjoy yourself and do not deprive yourself... consider it a "treat" day...
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I am on the same boat....going to get some cardio in on the morning and drink plenty of water throughout the BBQ.....
  • janagardner
    janagardner Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you Everyone for the great advice!