Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Up, up up

So I am up! VERY UP! I had knee surgery in June and went on three vacations. I know that is an excuse, and excuses get you know where...but I am so upset, and I am trying to rationalize my ten pound weight gain this summer. I am really trying to focus on my running right now (The Baltimore Relay is 7 weeks away) and no be depressed about this number on the scale, but I am depressed!
I don't have my gym membership anymore, but after seeing that number I am thinking of getting one. I own a treadmill and I have two mornings a week to myself to run outside. But maybe going back to the gym would help.
ALSO I know my food had gottten out of control. Snacking and not logging, I am only cheating myself.
Any tips? Advice? Anyone have this happen to them? I WILL NOT gain anymore weight. I cannot.
Well I am off to the tread mill. My goal is to stay on long enough to not feel horrible about this weight gain anymore...probably all day ;)

Replies

• vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    I feel for ya sister!! I am UP from just going on vacation for 1 week.... too much drinking and not eating 'normally'. BUT we had an awesome time and it was worth it. I just got right back in the swing of things when we got home and already half of what I gained has disappeared. Just stick with it and you will succeed :happy:
  • I feel your pain. I was doing very well but have feel into a routine of self sabotage and am now back up 6 pounds!!! Today was my weigh in so I am officially back on track! Need to shake it off and smarten up!
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Baby steps.. just get back into a groove - living a lifestyle that will produce the body and health you want. I am sure that will help. It is all about your lifestyle and not so much about what the scale says.

I am sorry you are so devastated in the gain. You understand why it happened and that is a good thing.. Now you know what to do to take off the pounds as you did it before.

Life a healthy active lifesteyle and you will lose the weight.
  • StaceyL76
    StaceyL76 Posts: 711 Member
    Baby steps.. just get back into a groove - living a lifestyle that will produce the body and health you want. I am sure that will help. It is all about your lifestyle and not so much about what the scale says.

I am sorry you are so devastated in the gain. You understand why it happened and that is a good thing.. Now you know what to do to take off the pounds as you did it before.

Life a healthy active lifesteyle and you will lose the weight.
  • SheehyCFC
    SheehyCFC Posts: 529 Member
    I definitely went through a period of this stuff too. Not up 10, but definitely up 4-5. I found that it took a "spark" to get me back to working out, but as soon as I did, I got "back in the groove" and it was easy again. I don't know what your spark will be, but knowing that you need to get back into it, is definitely a good place to be. Don't worry about the gain, just focus on what you need to do from here on out - keep a good, accurate diary and get those workouts in. You can do it!!

Also, I might suggest adding some light weights into the mix - it helped me lose a couple lbs but was really helpful in improving my body image... though I only lost 1-2 lbs, I definitely saw the measurements (and my mentality) change - if you need help with certain exercises, just ask. Good luck!
  • Thanks everyone. Your words are very helpful!
    I know that the difference between now and two years ago is that I am recognizing it and NOT ignoring it.
    I will be back down! Thanks for your support!