NSV @ work...

Options
I was in the kitchen area @ work, and my "work mother" (like a 2nd mom to me, that I happen to work with) started talking to another co-worker, telling her how she was in the parking lot this morning and something weird happened.

She was in her car, about to get out, and saw this girl walking towards our building, and thought, "Who is that girl in the green shirt and white pants? She is so beautiful."

I turned my head towards her, as I AM WEARING A (lime) GREEN SHIRT AND WHITE PANTS.

She then said to the other co-worker, "then I realized, OMG, that was her!" (pointing to me). She then looked @ me and said, "I didn't even recognize you!" (mind you, our office is a small office of 30 or so people, and I see her every day multiple times a day, so I looked at her like she was crazy for a minute, but still said, "Thank you!").

Replies

• mabelebam
    mabelebam Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    that's an awesome compliment! congrats! :)
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    wow that's awesomeee! xo
  • illy823
    Options
    Omg.. that is great... I bet that you felt AWESOME!!!!!!
  • Lesliecs
    Lesliecs Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    Awesome! It's great when others start noticing, isn't it!?! A lot of times, those we are are with on a daily basis (work & family) don't really see the difference because they see us all the time.... but then there's that one day where they think..... hmmmmm... she/he looks a lot smaller! Those are the great days!!!!

Congrats on your compliment! Well deserved!
  • baypathgradLyns
    baypathgradLyns Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone :)

It is nice getting compliments, however, I have a bad habit (most times) when a compliment comes my way...

I tend to pull the "well, I still have a lot to lose" or I just laugh it off, or (what I usually say to my aunt) "You need to get your eyes checked again" (as she tells me EVERY time she sees me that I look like I lost more weight-and she sees me sometimes multiple times a week)...I need to get past this bad habit somehow. People keep saying I don't give myself enough credit.

My co-worker told me I just need to shut my mouth and say thank-you everytime someone compliments me (so I am giving myself credit)...I am not intending to be rude by having my follow up comments, it is just hard for me to see what others see...I am working on it though!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!