Whats your favorite breakfast food?

Options
AreneeS22
AreneeS22 Posts: 42 Member
Its been really hard to keep on track if Im not starting my day off properly... just now getting back to it (again) but its become a problem that Im not really a breakfast person. I dont like cereal, oatmeal, smoothies, the only fruit I like is grapes and apples really... (I know, Im picky) so im running out of ideas for a healthy low-cal breakfast food! I've been eating bagels but they're really not that nutritious and Im getting kind of tired of them everyday anyway, lol. Hoping some of your morning favorites can give me an idea for something new =) Thanks!

Replies

• Chunkabutt83
    Options
    im not a breakfast person and the best advice i was ever given was "so dont eat breakfast food" lol. Eat anything you want for breakfast, be a rule breaker :)
  • smitchell37
    smitchell37 Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Thin bagel (everything) with peanut butter.

Turkey Sausage link and turkey bacon
  • hcgirl29
    Options
    I don't love yogurt but the chobani greek yogurts keep me pretty full so that I stay on track. Also try english muffin with peanut butter and sugar free jelly. It's more like a sandwich then breakfast.
  • rsqsquad05
    Options
    I love Carnation Instant Breakfast. May not be the greatest option but it keeps me full and I dont feel like I'm "eating".
  • sophjakesmom
    sophjakesmom Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    eggs. and my son had a turkey sandwich yesterday morning. Eat what you like. Don't worry if it isn't "breakfasty" enough.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Foods that will go over my calorie intake on here lol

Pancakes with butter and syrup on the side scrambled eggs and sausage

French toast with syrup on the scrambled eggs and sausage

Chocolate chips waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon

A sausage and egg mcmuffin and mcgriddle.

Ugh...im so weird
  • ChitownFoodie
    ChitownFoodie Posts: 1,562 Member
    Options
    I love breakfast food! Eggs, bacon, english muffins....etc! My dad hates breakfast, so growing up, i would see him eat steak and rice or last nights leftovers. To each their own....I think the most important thing is to get your metabolism going.
  • hbiffle
    hbiffle Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big breakfast person either. I have one carmel corn rice with a tablespoon of peanut butter and it really fills me up until lunch!
  • Pril2000
    Pril2000 Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Do you like eggs? I love a simple breakfast of 2 eggs over easy and a couple slices of toast lightly buttered. Add some coffee and I'm good to go.

Also, I agree with the above. Don't eat breakfast food if you don't like breakfast food. Try some wheat crackers and tuna salad or something like that.

Good luck! I love breakfast and I could eat it for every meal of the day, so I can see how it would be hard to try to substitute.
  • Phoenix1401
    Phoenix1401 Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Foods that will go over my calorie intake on here lol

Pancakes with butter and syrup on the side scrambled eggs and sausage

French toast with syrup on the scrambled eggs and sausage

Chocolate chips waffles with scrambled eggs and bacon

A sausage and egg mcmuffin and mcgriddle.

Ugh...im so weird

I dont eat that stuff anymore. But im just saying. Lol
  • Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Today I had a grilled chicken breast with some tomato. My normal breakfast is egg whites with spinach, tomato, onion, green pepper, salsa and a little cheese. But I'll trade that up for Greek yogurt, oatmeal with almonds/walnuts, or just eggs and bacon. I try to keep it at 330 calories or less, and I'm doing the high protein thing.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal.
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Eggs! i scramble eggs with tomato, onion and ham. my hubby not a big breakfast person either, but we bought jennie-o hot sausage and he'll eat that with wheat toast.
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have time to cook but I make my version of "migas" almost every morning: saute a corn tortilla torn into strips with chopped red bell pepper and onion, throw in some chopped tomato, then add two eggs, season with salt, pepper and cumin and scramble. I usually add a half ounce of cheese at the end. Comes in under 275 calories and very yummy!
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I make a cheese melt with the high fiber Thomas English muffins (100 calories!) with a slice of skim mozzarella, a slice of tomato (or not!) and a slice of deli meat. I like turkey pastrami.
  • lambchop1042
    lambchop1042 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Nutella spread on an english muffin :-) I love sweet breakfast items and it's healthier than some other options (french toast, etc)
  • EmilySG2011
    Options
    Try sausage links in a croissant. Add cheese for more protein. This will last you all morning and you can make them in advance and warm them up. I also don't like to eat in the morning....so I just drink a Slimfast shake. That actually gives me good nutrition and gets my body jumpstarted.
  • dedication6
    dedication6 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Whole wheat English Muffin, Morning Star spicy black bean burger, egg, and cheese....sooo good!!
  • murelzgirl
    murelzgirl Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I love all breakfast foods! Things I've been eating recently are egg whites with laughing cow queso cheese wedge mixed in, bacon, English muffin with PB and honey, egg white and ham on an Arnold sandwich thin, or granola.
  • durangocal
    durangocal Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I don't know if you have time to cook but I make my version of "migas" almost every morning: saute a corn tortilla torn into strips with chopped red bell pepper and onion, throw in some chopped tomato, then add two eggs, season with salt, pepper and cumin and scramble. I usually add a half ounce of cheese at the end. Comes in under 275 calories and very yummy!

Just made this! Very good-thanks for the recipe!