Ken and Barbie 101 Video

Options
pparker2214
pparker2214 Posts: 64 Member
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kGsTfCL1Joc

I love this defpoetry performace... check it out and post your comments.. I think it's amazingly insightful.. and somewhat encouraging... even the men are fed up with some of the crap the "theys" :devil: are trying to sale us as what we need to look like. :D

Enjoy!:drinker:

Replies

• pparker2214
    Options

I love this defpoetry performace... check it out and post your comments.. I think it's amazingly insightful.. and somewhat encouraging... even the men are fed up with some of the crap the "theys" :devil: are trying to sale us as what we need to look like. :D

• Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options

I really enjoyed this performance. I liked it when he said "young girls think being called skinny is a compliment". Very interesting.

I have a niece who is 13 and since the age of 7 has always been told how skinny and beautiful she is by her mom. Skinny and beautiful...those 2 words always together. I remember her mom saying "you shouldn't eat all that chocolate, you'll be sick". My niece immediately said "Are you saying I'm fat, mom?". Her reply "No, you are skinny and beautiful".

Thanks for posting. :flowerforyou:

Thank you for posting!
  • pparker2214
    Options
    It's interesting to see how our words really form kids..

My friend has a two year old daughter.. at the last doc check up the nurse told my friend that her daughter has consistently been in the 95th percentile for weight and if shes continues to stay there she (my friend) might want to monitor and restrict the childs diet. :frown: My friend is a very healthy minded person.. breastfed the first year..has two other children and lives on a budget.. it's not like the kids swollen from eating cheetos ya know..? I just couldn't believe that it starts that young... I mean I can't imagine what it would really do to a little girl to "grow up" on a diet .. before puberty even.. it's just crazy to me..

I'll stop rambling now...:ohwell:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I just watched this video. i saw it on a post from the "do cigarettes have calories" post.

I love the fact that this is out there - we need to fight back against the media images our kids are constantly bombarded with..

Thanks for posting.. jb
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    Glad you posted this....I was thinking it needed a thread all it's own as well... thanks! Saw it on the same thread JanieBeth did:ohwell: