snack calories

PammyB3130
PammyB3130 Posts: 203
edited September 18 in Food and Nutrition
Is there a maximum limit that a snack in between meals should be in terms of calories? is it more helpful to eat 5 smaller "meals" throughout the day that are all similar in calorie counts or does it even make a difference as long as I'm not going over my calorie limit for the day.

Replies

• Is there a maximum limit that a snack in between meals should be in terms of calories? is it more helpful to eat 5 smaller "meals" throughout the day that are all similar in calorie counts or does it even make a difference as long as I'm not going over my calorie limit for the day.
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    I am on the lines with you need to eat several small meals through out the day. Because I think that if you are doing that, you are not hungry and less apt to graze without thinking about it at regular meal times.
    My meals run like this.
    Breakfast: 7:00
    1st Break: 9:30
    Lunch: 11:30
    2nd break: 3:00
    Home snack: 5:15
    Dinner: 7:00
    Night snack: 9:30 or 10:00 and only if I am hungry and too low on my calories for the day.
    --Diann
  • rem1979
    rem1979 Posts: 344 Member
    A couple years ago I joined Nutrisystem and that program has you eating 5 times a day about 3 hours in between and it works. I am not using NS anymore because it can get expensive but the idea of it is great. Keep eating those smaller meals and excersing, you WILL lose weight.
This discussion has been closed.