Help! Calories burned and Nike Training Club

Options
I did a 15 minute circuit on the app and decide to find the calories burned using the HR formula except i found two different formulas that gave me two different numbers.

Both were for Unknown VO2max
((-20.4022 + (0.4472 x HR) - (0.1263 x W) + (0.074 x A))/4.184) x 60 x T - gave me 360 calories burned

[(-20.4022 + (.4472 x heart rate in beats per minute) + (.278 x weight in pounds) + (.074 x age in years)] / 4.184 - gave me 428 calories burned

The second formula is from Livestrong. Which one do I use? :sad:

Replies

• Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I dont think ive ever burned that many calories in 15 min..... good luck on finding the answer
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    Doing the 30 minute workouts on there I'd typically burn in the 200's. So I think your calculations might be a little high? I suggest getting a HRM.
  • smscott87
    Options
    I dont think ive ever burned that many calories in 15 min..... good luck on finding the answer

That's what's so weird! I guess I'll just put down the circuit as "Calisthenics". It seems more reasonable.
  • smscott87
    Options
    Doing the 30 minute workouts on there I'd typically burn in the 200's. So I think your calculations might be a little high? I suggest getting a HRM.

I need to invest in one. Thanks.
  • bprague
    bprague Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    I usually burn 300 calories or more in a 30 minute period. It depends on the person and the difficulty of the task. HMR is the best way to go.
  • scoolamp
    Options
    i do these workouts too, and what i find to be actually a good enough calculation, is select calisthenics either, vigorous effort, or moderate depending on which workout, and on my effort, because it ranges in push ups, sit ups, which you mostly do stuff like that on the workouts of NTC. soo, that is my suggestion, its not that accurate, but its a close number.. for 30 minutes, its usualy like, 235, for vigourous effort and103 for light to moderate, but if you push yourself through these workouts, you should select vigourous.