Envoked my "free pass" last night...

Options
I ate two giant slices of the greasiest pizza ever last night, and drank half a bottle of wine with my friend (someone she was close to passed away suddenly yesterday and I was trying to console her) and my body HATES me right now. I feel so gross. And of course all the sodium and crap in the pizza made me bloat up a couple pounds... Man, I wish I'd exercised some control last night, after all. I knew I wouldn't like the results this morning, but I had to give myself permission because of special circumstances to break my diet. And now I'm totally paying for it!

I will say it's interesting to note that eating like this wouldn't have phased me before I started eating healthier. I guess my body has finally gotten off the "grease and fat" addiction because MAN! I am so sick! So, I guess that's a win? Yay?

Urgh...

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    lol I like to dab the grease puddles on the pizza. Man i wants so pizza and wine now.
  • zarozinia
    zarozinia Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Don't do it! Let my misery be a warning to all! LOL
  • cm2two
    cm2two Posts: 194
    Options
    id have drank the entire bottle of wine...so youre better than me :D
  • zarozinia
    Options

The only thing that stopped me from drinking the whole bottle was my friend drinking the other half. LOL
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about that kind of food now. It actually feels really good to know how crappy this food makes me feel now. Just think how much easier it will be to resist it next time so yes...its definitely a win for you in the long run!

You're a good friend for what you did..so don't beat yourself up for minor loss of control (my hubby and I quit smoking for 9 months and it went down the tubes after a friend committed suicide and we had to put our dog down within a few weeks time). Everyone has setbacks.
  • cjack19
    cjack19 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I did the same thing.. no wine, but had 2 and half pieces of veggie pizza ... felt gross all night. But MAN IT WAS GOOD! lol
    extra excercise on my agenda today!
    I think we all need a free pass once in a while to keep us on track!
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    I would have drank/shared a few bottles of wine and skipped the pizza.

Rookies!
  • zarozinia
    Options
    I feel the same way about that kind of food now. It actually feels really good to know how crappy this food makes me feel now. Just think how much easier it will be to resist it next time so yes...its definitely a win for you in the long run!

You're a good friend for what you did..so don't beat yourself up for minor loss of control (my hubby and I quit smoking for 9 months and it went down the tubes after a friend committed suicide and we had to put our dog down within a few weeks time). Everyone has setbacks.

Wow... That's a lot to handle. Hope you pulled through!

And yeah, I'm not too upset with myself. I actually was psychologically prepared for the increase in weight, but was completely unprepared for feeling THIS badly the next day! I am still teetering on whether or not to go to the gym in penance, because my stomach is so icky right now.
  • zarozinia
    Options
    I did the same thing.. no wine, but had 2 and half pieces of veggie pizza ... felt gross all night. But MAN IT WAS GOOD! lol
    extra excercise on my agenda today!
    I think we all need a free pass once in a while to keep us on track!

Yes! Extra exercise is on my agenda today, too! I'd be at the gym right now if my tummy weren't so pissed off at me still. LOL
  • zarozinia
    Options

Rookies!

LOL! A real pro wouldn't have shared the wine. ;)
  • shanolap
    shanolap Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options

Rookies!

LOL! A real pro wouldn't have shared the wine. ;)

I'm not a lush...geesh! :drinker:
  • Lizzy_Sunflower
    Lizzy_Sunflower Posts: 1,510 Member
    Options

The only thing that stopped me from drinking the whole bottle was my friend drinking the other half. LOL

all my friends know they'd better bring their Own bottle :wink:
  • JME67550
    JME67550 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I've noticed the same thing. It (cheat food/meal) tastes so good. Then you feel all that bad-for-you-stuff hit your system and WHAM, you feel like crapola!
  • seph_house
    seph_house Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    ha! i'm going to be eating **all** the cake and chocolate tomorrow & i just know that i'll feel naff afterwards but i know that i can do it and enjoy the passing tastes and then get back on track on sunday. i've made a pact with myself that i really don't care as long as i only indulge at events (last one was a baby shower last month) and it doesn't start happening more than once a month. i refuse to call the cheat days but i guess they essentially are.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options

Wow... That's a lot to handle. Hope you pulled through!

And yeah, I'm not too upset with myself. I actually was psychologically prepared for the increase in weight, but was completely unprepared for feeling THIS badly the next day! I am still teetering on whether or not to go to the gym in penance, because my stomach is so icky right now.

Thanks...it was a tough time to say the least, but things like that always get easier with time!

I hear you...I ate a Blizzard at DQ about a month ago, and my stomach completely freaked out.....it was such a miserable experience that I still cover my eyes when their commercials come on! Needless to say, I won't be craving anytime soon!
  • venom74799
    Options
    I did something like that with Five guy's a month ago. Boy did I feel like crap and wished it would digest as quickly as possible.

I save those kind of days for social outings when I don't have too many choices on what to eat and not to seem all super high and mighty around people (even though I work out at least 400 calories minimum for the day and go veggie for the other meals.)

No need to feel bad about it considering the circumstances. That is definitely one of those times where you live for the moment and take no regrets.