Protein drinks for a very picky person

IllianaIman
IllianaIman Posts: 131
edited October 2 in Food and Nutrition
Protein drinks for a very picky person

Hello Everyone,

I am a very picky person when it comes to food; I only eat meat, some fruit and most of all fries and sweets! As I got older I found out that it was very unhealthy and wanted a change.
My whole life I weighted 125 lbs (even with all those bad food). When I was prego I weighted 180lbs by 8 months, and as soon as I gave birth a month later I went back to 125lbs without any exercise or diet.
Now, almost 3 years later, and with a full time job in an office. I gained 15 lbs; I have been working out (mostly jogging at night) now I want to take some protein drinks, however it has to be chocolate, and no taste of milk oand not watery or anything, any advises?
I am very picky and tried so many of them, and got sick after each of them.

Thanks everyone, and good luck!

Replies

• lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Optimum Nutrition has a great double rich chocolate whey protein powder. Mixes well and tastes great.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    I have two favorites:

1. Shakeology
    2. True Protein whey protein concentrate

Both are good. I can honestly say the Shakeo tastes better because it's thicker, just not as affordable, lol, I'll admit.
  • pammypk1
    pammypk1 Posts: 83 Member
    my favorite is Visalus Sweet Cream, add fruit.
  • I really like Muscle Milk, chocolate flavor - the powder. I mix it with soymilk, but it can mix with any kind of milk.
  • ddecarr
    ddecarr Posts: 103 Member
    I like Designer Whey. Best chocolate taste I've found, mixes well with no clumping.
  • IronSmasher
    IronSmasher Posts: 3,908 Member
    I'd keep getting trial sachets from different companies if I were you, the only helpful advice I can give.

Edit- okay, add less water to stop them being too watery. Now I'm out of advice
  • jpamplin28
    jpamplin28 Posts: 76 Member
    I like the Muscle Milk Light 100 cal ready to drink chocolate shakes and the EAS AdvantEDGE Carb Control Shakes they have a chocolate fudge and a double chocolate one in that brand. The EAS is also ready to drink.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Optimum Nutrition has a great double rich chocolate whey protein powder. Mixes well and tastes great.

This stuff is great, it mixes easily and I think tastes the best out of all of them, especially the chocolate.
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    I used to drink Atkins shake (and I still do once in a while) but my choice of drink consistently is Jay Robb's Chocolate whey protein... I use water or most of the time, I mix it with almond milk
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Be careful of protein powder, they have genetically engineered ingredients, artificial flavors/sweeteners, recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST), recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), or artificial growth hormone, etc..... Studies show that these types of ingredients make you gain weight. I usually use Miracle Whey (Dr. Mercola) and Jay Robb. They do not have these ingredients and only use milk from grass fed cows not corn fed. They taste amazing.

I usually combine in a blender:
    4-5 cubes of Ice
    1 cup of Coconut milk
    1 tablespoon of cocoa (Hershey's Dark)
    1 Banana
    1 scoop of Chocolate protein powder (Jay Robb or Mercola Miracle Whey)
    Optional - 1-2 tablespoons of peanut butter.

Good Luck
  • Spitfirex007
    Spitfirex007 Posts: 749 Member
    I really like Muscle Milk, chocolate flavor - the powder. I mix it with soymilk, but it can mix with any kind of milk.

This is what I drink. It taste just like chocolate milk imo
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 507 Member

This stuff is great, it mixes easily and I think tastes the best out of all of them, especially the chocolate.

I echo these comments on Optimum Nutrition. Its the best selling protein on bodybuilding.com, and has been voted as the best protein powder my mens fitness and bodybuilding.com. Very good protein, but it is not natural. As for the natural products...
    Be careful of protein powder, they have genetically engineered ingredients, artificial flavors/sweeteners, recombinant bovine somatotropin (rBST), recombinant bovine growth hormone (rBGH), or artificial growth hormone, etc..... Studies show that these types of ingredients make you gain weight. I usually use Miracle Whey (Dr. Mercola) and Jay Robb. They do not have these ingredients and only use milk from grass fed cows not corn fed. They taste amazing.

Good Luck

The Jay Robb stuff is good too. I've only used the sample pack of it, but it was solid. Also, because I was trying to find a "happy cow" type of product, I just bought Bluebonnet Whey Protein Isolate. Its all natural and comes from grass fed cows 'n all that good stuff. The taste is good, but very sweet because they use Stevia as a sweetener. I also compared all of its nutrients to Optimum Nutrition and its close to identical. Anytime you're going natural/organic, however, the price will be greatly inflated.
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,850 Member
    getting your daily allotment of liquid protein is absolutely a must. *polishes halo.
This discussion has been closed.