Yoga?

Options
Has anyone tried a yoga DVD and lost weight with it? If so, tell me about it and how effective it was, and tell me which DVD! I'm from the UK so please recommend ones I can definitely buy here. Thanks.

Replies

• HappyLuna
    Options
    I use yoga but not just for weightloss. I run and use yoga to help tone my body and strengthen my core. I feel yoga isn't enough for weightloss itself and cardio is needed too. Have a look one amazon and read the reviews. That what I didn when buying my yoga dvd. Everyone is different and different things will speak to you. Best of luck and I hope you make yoga a part of you life. Its so relaxing and helps you destress. I love it :smile:

Just noticed your from the UK I have this one: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Leah-Bracknell-Yoga-Life-DVD/dp/B0046ZE9IE/ref=sr_1_21?ie=UTF8&qid=1314980439&sr=8-21
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I too use yoga for toning and stamina and more importantly stress management. The first yoga dvd I used was called am/pm yoga. Has two 20 minute sessions. Perfect way to start and end the day.

I did lose weight with it as well. But that wasn't primary goal
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Denise Austin's Fat Blasting Yoga.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I did the Jillian Michaels Yoga DVD once... honestly I found it so boring =[
  • Lauren8239
    Lauren8239 Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Being so blessed with generous amounts of unco-ordination, I find that yoga is great for the muscles, but also has improved my co-ordination. I seem to be able to stand on one foot without falling down now, and I avoid hitting the door jambs. Different parts of me want to go in different directions, and I find that the yoga has really helped me improve. :ohwell: