Losing and gaining the same 2 pounds

Options
OK, I'm only trying to lose 5 pounds (started at 129.4, trying to get to 125). I get as far as 127, but then right back up to 129. Then down to 127. Then up to 129. Then down to 127. I weigh myself every day, and realize there will be fluctuations, but this is getting old!

MFP has helped me take a good hard look at the amount of food I eat, and see that I need to do more than a hard Bikram yoga class (520) cals twice a week. (It is a great cardio AND strength practice, not to mention increasing flexibility). I really have improved my diet and am working on doing more and varied exercises.

I'm wondering if the weight I should be is 128ish, and that what I really need to is stay at that weight, and just concentrate on gaining more muscle, and reducing the amount of fat. Or, am I hitting a plateau, going into starvation mode, or what? I'm eating my calories, and over the course of last week, I had a net deficit of only 430 or so cals. I just don't think that's enough to put me in starvation mode.

Those two pound represent 2/5 of what I'm trying to lose, and I'm getting discouraged. Any weight I gain is in my belly and torso, and I can't stand the bit of muffin top, and the pudge that sticks out when I wear my bra or bathing suit. I think the best I ever looked was 120.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,971 Member
    Options
    relax
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    I would work out at least 4x a week and incorporate some heavier lifting and strength into your routine.
  • perduec
    Options
    Change up your routine. Try bike riding when you're not doing yoga, it's a great way to burn calories. If your body has gotten used to your routine, you need to trick it by changing your routine a little bit.