My first public NSV

Options
At work, I see my friend's sister come in. I recognize her and say "Hi! You're Carmen's sister right?" and she stares at me like I'm a complete stranger for a minute and then I explain how I worked with her sister about 6 months ago and there's that flicker of recognition and "OMG you've lost so much weight!!!"

It felt good yet embarrassing... I know I've lost a good amount of weight but I feel like I haven't even reached the halfway mark- a long ways to go still (35lbs) but this made me realize that I SHOULD feel more proud of myself. I have come a long way and am continuing to head in the right direction!

Replies

• MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Good job! You will get many more comments like that! Keep working hard girl, it all pays off! :D
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You should be SO proud of yourself!! Awesome NSV!
  • Minnesnowtagurl
    Minnesnowtagurl Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Good for you! That's always an awesome feeling when people look at you like they are trying really hard to figure out how they know you. Then the light bulb turns on and they go... " Did you lose weight?!" and you smile but inside your like "hell yeah I did!" you should feel super proud of your self it's not easy to do! many fail at it.
  • wjkfloyd
    Options
    Take each of those comments as a compliment! You have probably worked very hard getting to where you are, so you deserve the praise!
  • cgd67
    cgd67 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! :)
  • Michelle9939
    Options
    That's great!
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Great story thanks for sharing! It's inspiring and I know it feels great when you get the double take. :smile:
  • Carrie95128
    Options
    I'm hoping to get some comments like that at some point. I've lost 20 pounds now and no one notices anything! Good for you!
  • Hoppymom
    Hoppymom Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yeah!:flowerforyou:
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Can someone tell me what NSV stands for? Clueless.
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    Options
    Thanks for the positive comments guys! :-)

@channa007- NSV= Non Scale Victory :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!