My first NSV!!

My first NSV was from my Grandmother!! She has never given me compliments, she has always been quite harsh with her words towards me. One that I remember quite vividly was 3 months after I had my first child and I flew out to meet her, the first thing she had said to me as I walked off the plane was "boy, are you fat!" no hellos from her.

Our relationship has improved over the years but she still has never been one to compliment people. I went to visit her for 10 days and at least 2-3 times a day she kept telling me how good I looked and how proud she is of me...

I have struggled with my weight for about 10 years now and this is the first time I have ever felt in control!!!

Thank you MFP!!!!:smile:

Replies

• Congrats! Criticism from family can be the most hurtful, but that makes the compliments that much better! Keep it up!
  • GoyaMommy13
    GoyaMommy13 Posts: 80 Member
    that's great!! my grandma's the same way. i remember the closest was her telling me once, "wow youre actually pretty pregnant..."

umm...thanks, grandma?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!