Yummy Lo-Cal Foods/Snacks that you love!

Options
:happy: Hey guys,
Just wanted to see what you're favorite fruits/veggies/snacks/alternatives that are low-cal/healthy and yummy. Share your favorites so we can all try something new, healthy and delicious :)

Some of my favorites:
*Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwiches: 140 cals per sandwich bar, yummsss
*Gaya Melon: 140 cals, this fruit is huge, you should eat only have, its has great consistency, I hated every kind of melon except watermelon until I found Gaya, it's soooo good!
*Orowheat Soft Family Whole Wheat Bread: only 120 calories for 2 slices, and it has 27 Multigrains in each serving, great alternative for any other kind of bread, you can find it easy at ralphs/vons.
*Tomato/Cucumber Sandwich: 4 slices tomato, 4 cucumber on whole wheat bread with miracle whip mayo: 270 cals, so delicious

What are yours?

Replies

• darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I love fresh strawberries with a dollop (tbsp) of nutella...around 150 cals depending on how many berries you eat.
    Watermelon!
    Veggie sandwich on ciabatta--low fat cream cheese or you can go for a honey mustard dressing--shredded carrots, cucumber slices, tomato, spinach and/or lettuce...depending on what/how much condiments you use its about 250 cals and a great lunch!
    I dunno how many cals are in this but I love to make my own veggie pizzas with my own whole wheat crust...full of veggies and delish! (zucchini, onion, mushroom, peppers, shredded italian cheese, tomatoes) mmmmm
    Also a huge Fiber One bar eater :)
  • BigCed77024
    BigCed77024 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I always have fruits, veges and unsalted nuts at my desk to snack on.
  • vikesfanmb
    vikesfanmb Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Almonds!! :smile: They are full of fiber, *good* fat and low in carbs!

Also, I love the new Special K Cracker Crisps with Sea Salt! Also high in fiber and low in calories! You get 30 chips per serving and they are YUMMY!!
  • atomdraco
    atomdraco Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I like all kinds of fresh fruits for snacks, and handful of nuts
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Those all sound delicious, definitely going to try some of them! :D
  • martina123321
    Options
    Strawberries and nuttella what an awesome idea, why didn't i think of that. lol. Maybe because give me an inch and I will go a mile that's why!!

All fruit and veg!! especially carrot sticks.

choc chip rice cakes (snack a jacks) 62 calories per rice cake. Yummy.

quavers 88 calories per pack

Tesco value chocolate mousse 80 calories per pot. Fab to kill off my chocolate cravings.

Strawberries are top on my list though. :)
  • transylvaniaxx
    Options
    I've been on a celery and hummus kick, lately. One tablespoon of hummus and two stalks of celery... Only about 60 calories, and super delicious. I get the Garlic Lover's Hummus from Aldi, and it's so good! The hummus to celery ratio in every bite is outrageous, I end up having so much hummus, even from one tablespoon, that I can't even taste the celery! Which is not a bad thing in my book ;].
  • A few favorites:
    - Mixed berries with a little stevia.
    - Fake ice cream (frozen blended bananas with a little flavoring. Sometimes chocolate, sometimes peanut butter.)
    - Brown rice snaps or brown rice cakes with hummus or goat cheese
    - Cucumbers/Snap peas/Peppers with hummus
    - A couple pickles or garlic stuffed olives
    - Gluten free vans waffle with a tablespoon of trader joes almond butter on it. (bigger carb splurge)
    - Kale Chips
    - Pear or apple with a couple chunks of goats milk cheese
    - -Laughing cow cheese wedges (or some light butter) with Wasa crackers and some radishes
  • ShoeDeahva
    ShoeDeahva Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Fruit, veggies, almonds, unsalted pistachios. Fiber one Brownies, Chocolate, blueberry and blueberry pomegranate rice cakes by Quaker, popcorn, laughing cow cheese--especially chipotle and weight watcher ice cream bars.