vicious circle

Joules74
Joules74 Posts: 1
edited October 2 in Introduce Yourself
Hi I'm new to my fitness pal and I am trying to lose a stone so I can get back into the majority of my wardrobe. I suffer from depression and my main problem is that being over weight makes me feel down and adds to my depression and that makes me snack..... I'm pretty sure there are lots of people with this problem but I thought it might help if they have succeeded and have some tips. Thanks

Replies

• msjac23
    msjac23 Posts: 140 Member
    Try not to be depressed about your weigh. Take one day at a time. You did not put in on overnight. It is just going to take a little time, determination, and support. Stay strong.
  • You probably match the majority of us. Have you seen anyone for your depression? I am taking an anti-depressant now, and I feel so much better. And when I feel better, I can concentrate on my choices better. The depression is a wall, either you have to break through it or climb over it, but it will always be there in the backdrop.
  • mrsvatitagain
    mrsvatitagain Posts: 275 Member
    I dont know if you are religious or not, but I read a really good book called Made To Crave that may just help with the mindset you are currently in. It has to start there...at least that is where it has had to start for me. I am an emotional eater too, and feeling down I use to also satisfy that with food, but it really wasnt satisfaction at all. Anyway, just a thought about the book...
This discussion has been closed.