Tattoo placement

Options
Shanna_Inc86
Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
I have a 4 1/2 y.o. daughter and ever since she was born I have wanted to get her name tattooed on me...

Well, I finally have some extra cash & I think its time I FINALLY got it done...HOWEVER, I dunno where to get the tattoo and if I should get just her name or like a design with it too....

thoughts, suggestions...help!

Replies

• glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Anywhere you want to show it off. If it were something offensive I would say be discreet, but it's your daughters name.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Tats are very personal, so you really need to get what you want, I would go with some type of design or image with it though.....maybe something that represents or reminds you of her♥
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    All depends on who you want to see it :)

Inner wrist, always a hot spot. Foot/ankle.

I'm putting my next one right in between my shoulder blades. I saw it on another girl and I fell in love with it. It looks so soft and sexy.
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I have my son's name on my forearm with his astrological sign and 12 stars for the day he was born.
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, make sure it is somewhere that you can cover up and look professional (business professional that is) Aside form that a tattoo on the ankle works well or any number of other places. I'd avoid areas with sexual connotations, it's just confusing. And from personal experience I'd say avoid the back. I have tattoos on my back but tend to forget they are there as I don't see them often. Kind of sad to go through all that for a tattoo you can't enjoy.

However if you were to put your own name on your back....
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Do you want everyone to see it or do you want it hidden? Big or small? Try going on some of the tattoo websites, like Tattoo Johnny and look at their patterns, or if you know where you want to go to get the tattoo, visit and look at their work. I have three - one on the back of my neck, one on my upper left arm, and one on my lower right forearm. All of mine have meaning, and I know that yours will too. Congratulations and take care.
  • ivansmomma
    Options
    Sent before I was finished. The one on my forearm is a hand, signing "I love you" with my hubby's name written on the top and our daughter's name on the bottom. Our daughter was brain injured at birth, and uses both sign and verbal.
  • crystal_loga
    crystal_loga Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I have a pretty Fleur De Lis with a blue crown across the small middle part representing my home state (LA) and my 5 year old son. I have it on top of my foot so that when I want to show it off I can, and when it's appropriate to cover it up, all I have to do is put on a closed in shoe. It's my only tattoo, and other than my skin burning a little from all of the rubbing because my skin is so sensitive, I found it didn't hurt much at all.

I thought about getting his name put in it, but I rathered something that representing him than his name. So I opted for the blue crown since he is my little prince. =D
  • HollyLLillis
    HollyLLillis Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    [ Kind of sad to go through all that for a tattoo you can't enjoy.
    [/quote]

Exactly!! I have tattoos were I can look at them... I would get some small cute design that reminds you of her with her name with it, that would be fun...
    :happy:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    Faerie you make a great point.....thinkin I'll havta talk with an artist a bit. Her nickname is Bones (it was a joke b/c she was a chubby lil baby) but almost every night she asks me to sing "you are my sunshine" to her. She is my little sunshine...she's my everything.

hmmm...I'm always saying "I love you to the moon and back"

Maybe a her name with a sun and moon design with some little stars

However, I do like the idea of it being across the top of my back...my back is my favorite part of my body I think
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    Sent before I was finished. The one on my forearm is a hand, signing "I love you" with my hubby's name written on the top and our daughter's name on the bottom. Our daughter was brain injured at birth, and uses both sign and verbal.

That's pretty cool....

Thank you for sharing that :smile:
  • voluptas63
    voluptas63 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    First and foremost, make sure it is somewhere that you can cover up and look professional (business professional that is)

I work in a business professional environment, have both wrists tattooed and have not ran into one bit of trouble, fyi. I work with people of all ages, from children to elderly and haven't heard boo about my tattoos. The stigma that comes with tattoos is really starting to fade as they're viewed more as an art form than a rebelist expression.

That being said, I didn't put my tattoos on my wrists thinking I wouldn't have some sort of pushback from society. But I got them for me. Not for society.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    I have a pretty Fleur De Lis with a blue crown across the small middle part representing my home state (LA) and my 5 year old son. I have it on top of my foot so that when I want to show it off I can, and when it's appropriate to cover it up, all I have to do is put on a closed in shoe. It's my only tattoo, and other than my skin burning a little from all of the rubbing because my skin is so sensitive, I found it didn't hurt much at all.

I thought about getting his name put in it, but I rathered something that representing him than his name. So I opted for the blue crown since he is my little prince. =D

Very cool! :happy:

I work for an insurance agency at the front desk. The agent I work for is very conservative & I'm going to school for my business degree. It would have to be hidden. I like the foot idea but I wear heels to work...my foot is always showing
  • MrBrown72
    MrBrown72 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    phoca_thumb_m_332261-5252-9.jpg

:flowerforyou:
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Options
    phoca_thumb_m_332261-5252-9.jpg

:flowerforyou:

Very cool...thank you!

Another friend gave me an idea of having my daughter's hand print tattooed on me with her name in her hand writing underneath!

There will end up being more than ONE tat for her haha she really is my everything and I'm content with staying a single mom so yea...she has my whole attention
  • T_R_A_V
    T_R_A_V Posts: 1,629 Member
    Options
    I personally love tattoos on the ribs/side of the torso....for some reason they are sexy

love the idea behind yours as well
  • porffor
    porffor Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I got mine while I was a secretary and all had to be 'hidden' at work. One I got at the base of my neck isn't quite so easy to hide as tops are cut wider at the neck sometimes, so that is something to consider - the clothes you wear and where is hidden.

Personally I have 2 on my back and I don't see them often! I love them so thats a bit of a shame, it's not the same looking in a mirror. so my next one will be more visable (on my hand.. ). lol
  • OKmac3
    OKmac3 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I have all my kids on my left leg....It is hidden during work but shown as I wear shorts the rest of the time...The placement is really where you feel the most comfortable with it being
  • ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Hmm what about taking that money and adding to her college funds? Or starting one.
  • Dylanzmom
    Options
    I have my son's foot prints with his birth date and his name on my left shoulder blade and i love it! My son also loves it because he does know that those are his feet.