Time to Make Some Friends :D

Options
Started using this about 2 weeks ago, and just started visiting the forum. I have no friends on here and just wanted to see if anyone wanted to be weight loss buddies? It's always inspiring seeing other people's success, reminds me that great healthy body is not that far away.

Been struggling with my weight and self image for a long loooong time, tried diets and exercising many times and always failed, never had proper motivation. Out of sudden I decided to completely change my life, I have never been so determined about anything in my life as I am now, I am tackling 3 of my opponents to happiness: alcohol abuse, poor diet, and 0 exercise.

I am trying to lose 100lbs in next year hopefully less, want to lose the first 80lbs hopefully in next 7-8 months or less. Not long ago I realized I was totally abusing alcohol (I drank about 8-13 beers each day :drinker: ), only because I love the taste of beer so much.

I wanted to lose weight and my alcohol problem interfered with it, so I quit 2 weeks ago, started my diet 11 days ago and started exercising daily 6 days ago, I lost 10-11 lbs so far. I consume 1200 cals/day and exercise between 30-60 min each day. I switch up my workout with turbo jam series, I do the Turbo Sculpt on day, than Turbo Jam Cardio the next, on other days I do the 20 min Turbo Jam mixed with Billy Blanks Ab Boot Camp or Turbo Jam Ab videos, I do something different everyday, on top of that I do about 30 minutes of walking to and from work daily; going to keep pushing myself to do even more, but everything in good time of course.

Wanna feel strong, healthy, confident and beautiful, who is with me?
Friend me and let's work this weight off together. :smile:

Replies

• shonasteele
    Options
    Good for you girl! You're in the right place, and yes, having friends really helps! Add me!
  • 1FineFaye84
    1FineFaye84 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! :happy: Add me if you'd like! It's always good to have a friend in this!
  • bklyngirl71
    bklyngirl71 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! U could do this. Take it one day at a time
  • 1Cuzzo
    Options
    Hi! Great job on turning you life around. I could always use more support, you are welcome to join my friends and me on our road to a better, healthy, sexy, and fit life.
  • kasmir8199
    kasmir8199 Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I'm here for ya!! Let's get us some awesome results!!
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Well You sure are on the right track and have come to the right place!

Goodluck on your journey!
  • mummysunshine
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm also a newbie who needs friends for motivation
    Good luck with it all xx
  • jsin14
    Options
    Hello to all of you strong individuals on here who have made the decision to become healthier individuals I applaud you all. I have several goals but the first is to lose 30lbs by Christmas. I know it is going to be hard but I have to due to some health concerns.
  • MadeOfMagic
    MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Thank you guys for all the support, you guys rock! Helps so much to have people who know what you're working so hard for :D
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    You can do it! The important thing is you made a choice to be a new healthier you!
  • lublin1987
    Options
    Welcome! I think we all need friends and motivation, feel free to ad me. Good luck.
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I just sent ya a request!! Funny, we have family in L.A. area..as we grew up in that area..haha!

Rachael:flowerforyou:
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    I just sent ya a request!! Funny, we have family in L.A. area..as we grew up in that area..haha!

Rachael:flowerforyou:

Oh really? Where in LA did you grow up? Living in LA is great, time to get the LA body :P
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Good for you!! You truly do sound determined, which is a lot of the battle. I'm pretty new to MFP, too. I love all the inspiration, support, and sometimes just plain fun. Send me a friend request if you'd like!
  • timeforme23
    Options
    Also from SoCal! Feel free to add me :-)
  • Ambria0516
    Options
    Awesome!! You can do it. Feel free to add me....I never skip logging even on vacation ;) I am a little OCD ;) Whatever.....it works for me..