Hi, I am starting today, looking forward to a new year

Options
:flowerforyou: Hello my name is Cathy, I just found the website this week and I am hoping to learn how to use this site to my advantage and find some support. I have over 200lbs to lose. I am making a commitment to write here before I eat since I am an emotional eater. Well good luck to us all and I wish everyone a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!!!!

Replies

• katie2815
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Hello my name is Cathy, I just found the website this week and I am hoping to learn how to use this site to my advantage and find some support. I have over 200lbs to lose. I am making a commitment to write here before I eat since I am an emotional eater. Well good luck to us all and I wish everyone a Happy and HEALTHY New Year!!!!!!
  • zoepane
    zoepane Posts: 209
    Options
    Hi Katie
    Me too, I need to lose over 150+, if you need a weight loss buddy I'm looking for one..I need someone who will kick my butt, into shape ths year
    Zoe
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    welcome to the site :flowerforyou:

good luck on your weight loss journey :drinker:
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Destined
    Destined Posts: 116
    Options
    Welcome guys!! This is a good site with a lot of helpful tools to help us do the things we need to do. Happy New year Everyone and a Healthy one too!!!!
  • katie2815
    Options
    :happy: Wow, did not expect replies so soon. Thank you
  • Nonibug
    Nonibug Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
    Your gonna love it here!:drinker:
    ~Roni
  • MollySue30
    MollySue30 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Welcome,

I totally love this site, I have fallen off the wagon which is my first time and I am ready to get back on and start fresh again.

Welcome to the both of you. Good Luck!!!!
  • debmac63
    debmac63 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome to MFP! If you use the food diary alone you can't help but lose some weight. I try to log my food the night before so I know where I'm at and it helps me not to munch at work on candy.

Any exercise that you do, including walking, log it in your exercise diary. The exercise calories will be added to the total calories that you can eat for the day. I try not to eat all of the exercise calories in case I didn't log a food accurately but I try to eat most of them. At the end of the day I try to have at least a 100 calories total left, but that's just what seems to be working for me.

Good luck on your weight loss and your new healthy eating journey. There's plenty of people willing to help you along the way here.
  • wetbuns21
    Options
  • JennyBanker
    JennyBanker Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hi this is a great place. You will love all the support!!
  • wetbuns21
    Options
    i,m pickles,welcome aboard,i know you will do good here'i like it all ready.
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! and good luck to you! really try to remember that its not easy, and if you fall down get right back up!!! Happy 2009!!:drinker:
  • pnajman
    pnajman Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using this site for almost a year but I never participated in the message boards.
    I lost about 65 pounds last year, but for the last month I have been out of control with my food and excersice.
    My new year's resolution is to get back in track and get to my goal, which means that I have to loose 40 more pounds.
    Let's make this year a healthier one!!! Happy 2009 to all.smile:
  • katie2815
    Options
    :smile: Thank you so much. I was not going to use the food and exercise diary since I have a book but I think I will try it. I do not have internet service at work so the book is good because I can have it with me 24/7. I will see if the food diary is good for calorie counting instead of looking everything up. Cathy
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome! I have been using this site for almost a year but I never participated in the message boards.
    I lost about 65 pounds last year, but for the last month I have been out of control with my food and excersice.
    My new year's resolution is to get back in track and get to my goal, which means that I have to loose 40 more pounds.
    Let's make this year a healthier one!!! Happy 2009 to all.smile:

:drinker: :drinker: Congrats on your weightloss and heres to another great year:drinker:
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Welcome and good luck to you!:flowerforyou: