BMF/Bodybugg users come in here........ :)

Options
Hi, I was just wanting to connect with other MFP-ers who are using a BMF or Bodybugg.
I have had my BMF for about a week now. Im still working out how to use it, to get the most out of it.
I was just wanting to start this thread to help others with advice and compare notes.
At the moment my Cals burned is set at 2508 and cals consumed at 1408, with a 1100 cal deficit.

was just wanting to see what others have their goals set at and find out what works as well as other tips or advice.
I have looked online but havent found a support group/forum for BMF users - so if anyone knows of a group, could you let me know please :)

Replies

• summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    I have mine set for burning 2280, with an intake of 1530. That said, I don't use their site to track calories eaten, just the ones I burn. I usually end up burning around 2800 per day.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my BMF for about 10 days. I like it but it confuses me. I'll log my exercise on here and it will say I've burned 600 cals etc... Then I'll sync my armband and it says I've burned 1,700!! So, that is what's making me skeptical at the moment. It shows that I'm burning 1.3, 1.8, 1.6 calories a minute! Even when simply sitting on the vouch or reading a book. *Shrugs* Are you having this issue as well?
  • summertime_girl
    summertime_girl Posts: 3,945 Member
    Options
    When I do an exercise with a lot of exertion, like running, I burn about 14 calories per minute, per the BodyBugg. It sounds like there's some math off on your device. If you're burning roughly 1.5 calories per minute, you'd need to do 18 hours of exercise to get to 1700.

Or is 1700 what you're burning for the entire day? Your body will burn calories just to function, so even while you're asleep, you should burn some. If I'm sitting on the couch, it says I burn 1.2 calories per minute.
  • harriet_tubman
    Options
    I cannot LIVE without my BMF. nope, nope, nope.
  • Baroness
    Baroness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I've been wearing my BMF for about 10 days. I like it but it confuses me. I'll log my exercise on here and it will say I've burned 600 cals etc... Then I'll sync my armband and it says I've burned 1,700!! So, that is what's making me skeptical at the moment. It shows that I'm burning 1.3, 1.8, 1.6 calories a minute! Even when simply sitting on the vouch or reading a book. *Shrugs* Are you having this issue as well?

The BMF measures all calories burned, so when you are just sitting there - the 1.3 a minute is your maintenace calories.
    When you exercise, the maintenace calories are also in your total - so thats why the amount is more than what is on MFP - because the MFP cals for exercise are extra cals above your maintenace level ---I think????

I have set my MFP cal goal to match my BMF, and I dont log exercise on MFP as it adjusts cal intake on the BMF. (Wow - if you can decipher that you should have a degree in Dieting Literature )