Pls take your fries and leave!

Options
So why is it that people who aren't on a diet so determined to get us to try to eat foods we don't want???? I seriously just had a co-worker come into my office with a little box of McDonalds french fries, shove the box in my face and insist that I eat one!!! He seemed offended that I didn't. Now my office stinks like stale McDonalds. What is wrong with people?

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    People Do this to make themselves feel less guilty about eating the crap they are temping you with
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Did this person know that you're watching what you eat now? Some people (especially guys, no offence to the men on MFP) are just A-holes.
  • lausa22
    lausa22 Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    People Do this to make themselves feel less guilty about eating the crap they are temping you with
    This. So many times my friends are like 'Oh just have one, go onnn' because they feel awkward eating what they know is bad for them when I'm there, because they think I judge them!
  • timtamslam
    timtamslam Posts: 86 Member
    Options

This. But tbh I know I've done it before in the past haha. :embarassed:
  • neva4saken
    neva4saken Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling, and than even after you express what you are trying to do they frown upon as if you have no right to pursue happiness and good health... had that happen to me once but i have this condition called A-hole tourettes and it flared up and accidentally knocked the food out of there hand on to the floor .. :blushing:
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this!

I think people KNOW they aren't eating very healthy and instead of trying to make a change -- they decide they'll try and tempt the healthy eater with the junk they are consuming themselves. I've experienced it over and over at work - especially one girl I work with -- she'll buy tons of candy and hand it out to the rest of us. Rarely do I eat it and she's always majorly offended when I don't. She KNOWS I won't eat it - so why keep offering it?

Because it makes HER feel better about consuming it.
  • CatMauro
    CatMauro Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    i know the feeling, and than even after you express what you are trying to do they frown upon as if you have no right to pursue happiness and good health... had that happen to me once but i have this condition called A-hole tourettes and it flared up and accidentally knocked the food out of there hand on to the floor .. :blushing:

Love it!!
  • SueMaxw
    Options
    It makes them feel better about eating junk and not being fit. Just another form of power control. Grow up people! Show some support when you know somebody is trying to do better.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Awesome! I was going to say if they shoved it my face, I'ld knock it to the ground and invite them to eat off the floor.
  • Jillybean1973
    Options
    I get called boring because I drink more water now and don't drink Coke! Just for the record...I am far from boring! :laugh:
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Maybe they're getting jealous cause your lookin so good!?:laugh:
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Maybe they're getting jealous cause your lookin so good!?:laugh:

I love you!
    I am wearing pants today that I could not button three weeks ago. :smile:
  • gatorflyer
    gatorflyer Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    It's all about them! Sometimes its to make them feel better (justified?) in their own choices if someone doing it the right way will indulge. Sometimes they just don't think. Sometimes, they just don't care. Sometimes they are uncomfortable in the situation and err on the side of being courteous. Sometimes they just don't know that you really don't want to be offered. I'm sure there are other reasons but those are the ones that come to mind.
  • CassiLynnette
    Options
    I agree.
    If he knew you were trying to watch what you eat- the more then likely hes just trying to lessen his own guilt.
    If he didn't know...then maybe he was just trying to be nice in his own way.
  • Genem30
    Genem30 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    A guy came down to my office the other day with a box of cookies and tried to get me to take one. I beat him to death with a stapler and hid the body in an air duct.

Took about 17 minutes, couldn't find "Murder, Hiding Body" in the exercise database tho. :ohwell:

Shhh....
  • kandrews24
    kandrews24 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yep, their are morons everywhere. Sorry that happened to you.

Payback when you're RIPPED ! ! !
  • JoLeeFA
    JoLeeFA Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    At least once a week at work, I was having this conversation:

Co-worker, "Wanna grab lunch out."
    Me, "No, I'm eating what I brought."
    Co-worker, "come on, we are going for burgers"
    Me, "no thanks, You know I am trying to watch what I eat and the fatty burgers are not what I want to eat."
    Co-worker, "How about I call Fred at the diner and have him get you some lettuce and tomatoes to eat? They dress the burgers, so they should be able to get you some salad. You can use some mayo for salad dressing."
    Me, "I brought my lunch. It includes LEAN protein"
    Co-worker, "I just don't know why you have choosen to do this to us."

I now eat in my office alone.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • kysue1029
    kysue1029 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    My co-worker tries soooo hard to get me to eat a candy bar every day that I'm there..."one won't hurt you....come on, it's just one....I know you want it...blah blah blah." SOOO ANNOYING. Leave me alone!
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Here's my personal philosophy on people who do this, as well as make rude comments when they find out you are making lifestyle changes to be healthier.

Once you are on the path to a healthier, more physically fit you, people try to derail you because you have now threatened them. They are NOT getting healthy, working out, or eating right, and some part of them feels guilty for treating their bodies this way. So they try to sabotage your efforts.

I get this because I'm not overweight; however, I am bigger than I want to be. People get disgusted with me and tell me I don't need to lose weight. Or they tell me I'm doing it the wrong way. Or offer advice. Or try to get me to eat things I don't want in my body.

By derailing you, they can feel better about themselves. If you eat those french fries, and you're a healthy eater, then he doesn't have to feel bad about himself for eating them.

If you're fat, then your co-worker/friend/family member doesn't have to do anything about THEIR health -after all, at least they are not as fat as you. (PLEASE recognize that I'm using what is called a generalized "you" - I am in no way calling the OP fat)

I found this when I began my healthy journey. People try to sabotage me in all sorts of ways. Ignore it.

Your body. Your rules.

If ignoring doesn't work...I suggest kicking them in the shins. And then running. Think of the calories you'll burn! :wink: