Are cereal portions tiny or ikea bowls huge?!

Options
2»

Replies

• cedarhurst2006
    cedarhurst2006 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Cereal serving sizes are small. I like the Barbara Puffins (Peanut Butter) which 1 serving size is 3/4 cup. I divvy them into small snack bags and have them as a sweet snack. I particularly like them with coffee/tea after dinner. 110 calories. I would never think that would be satisfying as a meal.
  • ImNotThatBob
    ImNotThatBob Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Coffee mug. Definitely.
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    It's probably your bowl, but it could also be your cereal.

I tried the Special-K diet once and 30g of S-K was a piddly little portion, especially the yoghurt & strawberry variety which was my favourite. But when I realised that the reason the diet works is that you're on 1000kc per day so no wonder you drop a jeans size in 2 weeks I gave up after 3-4 days but used to snack on the flakes rather than have them as a breakfast :laugh:

My personal fave cereal at the moment is Cheerios where 30g surprisnigly fills half a decent sized bowl. I find it quite filling. I like Curiously Cinnamon (a.k.a. Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Cinnamon Grahams) too.... but then you need 40g to get a decent portion. It's more calories, but a lovely treat now and again. I used to eat two bowls of 50g at a sitting before!!!
  • aussie_nic_getting_fit
    Options
    invest in a digital scale!!!!

Using a big bowl isnt good as it makes it to tempting to fill.

Even if you filled a small bowl, youd ind you would still be over the 30g limit..

good luck on your journey