What do you listen to at the gym?

Options
I love working out to the podcast titled, PodRunner. Anyone who has this podcast can agree when I say, it really gets you through the work-out. However, I am getting bored of that podcast since it only updates one every few weeks. I have a few others that I listen, but PodRunner is the best. Anyone have a good variety of songs to get me going? I love every kind of music, including techno, rap, country, rock. You name it.

Let me know what you listen to!

Replies

• Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Lots of industrial stuff mostly, and a little synthpop.
  • jnchorn
    jnchorn Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I haven't heard of podrunner but I will check it out. I really like upbeat dance music and I have to keep it updated or I get bored quickly.
  • BlackRangerX
    BlackRangerX Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lil Wayne!
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I use the Slacker Radio app on my phone..and you can create playlists and everything, but I just listen to the Today's Hits station..and if Im walking, I will listen to the comedy station...it's pretty funny!
  • judgementbh
    judgementbh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Foo Fighters FTW!
  • jessicamarie81
    jessicamarie81 Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I listen to things I wouldn't even think I'd enjoy, but they really get me in the mood for exercising when nothing else can!! Some songs I really like are:
    Outkast- B.O.B. ---my favorite!
    Pink-- a lot of her songs
    Katy Perry-- Firework
    Van Halen-- lots of their songs
    Daft Punk-- Ready, Steady, Go
    that Black and Yellow song
    Black Eyed Peas-- Rock That Body
    and many more...I forgot what all is on my mp3 player but I love a variety too, looking forward to what others have to say as well!
  • pacmanjack
    pacmanjack Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I use Pandora. It's free, and pretty awesome. Whatever your taste, you can instantly have a playlist that's what you want. I'm a big fan.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    I have a wide range of stuff I listen to - depending on my moods.

Linkin Park, Jarrod Niemann, Jason Aldean, Lady Antebellum, Nickelback, Kid Rock.. even Matchbox Twenty. :)
  • MarieNevada
    MarieNevada Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    right now i'm addicted to Pittbull nation by Pittbul. awesome beat, really keeps me going on the eliptical
  • kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I'm also a Slacker junkie!

I have some playlists of fun dance/party music, and also some 80s pop, hip hop, rock. The Jay-Z/Linkin Park album is great for doing cardio!
  • acarter33664
    acarter33664 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    There is a site I found recently called runhundred it gives you the BPMs for each song. It's really good. When I got into a rut of listening to the same things at the gym, I looked to this site and found many of the perfect workout songs!
  • Swimgoddess
    Swimgoddess Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    I have several playlists I listen too with titles like Angst, Testosterone, Lapdances, Club Mix - US, Club Mix - Euro, Rock Freak, Mmm, Road Rage, etc. Feel free to PM for specifics.
  • wvfrog22
    Options
    Eye of the Tiger is on my playlist....along with a ton of Foo Fighters and Bush
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Seether, drowning pool, bestie boys, dmx, korn, guns n roses.
  • fourmenandalady
    Options
    I love Outcast B.O.B. too !! (Great song to run to)!!!! I listen to a variety, but usually club mixes just to get me moving!!!!
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Sevendust, Rage Against the Machine, Korn, etc....
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Some of the bands on my current gym-mix are:

Delain
    Within Temptation
    Iron Maiden
    Judas Priest
    Scorpions
    Nighhtwish
    The Birthday Massacre
    Kid Rock
    Limp Bizkit
    Skillet
    Pillar

It helps keep me motivated and push harder.
  • CindiBryce
    Options
    Nothing gets me pumpin' more than Beethoven, Bach, and Mozart. The holy trinity of work-out music. Just kidding.
  • brittmiles07
    Options
    A lot of fast, upbeat pop and hip-hop music. A lot of Britney and Blackeyed Peas, Fergie, Lady Gaga. Anything that motivates me to MOVE!
  • cschu544
    cschu544 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    thanks folks, that helps a lot. if you don't already have the free app, download podrunner.. the constant BPMs are magnificent.. and Beethoven, haha, have to give it a try!!!