Lost 52 pounds over the last two years and just need to lose

Hello.
My name is Amy. I'm 24 years old and 5'2
Here's a bit about me.I'v had a weight issues my whole life. I made it through high school with diffrent eating dissorders until I met My husband and started eating a bit better. I became pregnate (with my wonderful Now five year old) and blossomed to over 170 pound.Looking back I was on my own and did not know how to eat right.After I had Memory I lost some pregnancy weight and held it off for a couple years but then I must have just not noticed what was happening and made it pretty close to that 170 mark again.On top of the weight I was having migranes and headach clusters often. My circulation was very poor and I was stressed out all the time.One day I relized this and started fasting. I did not know what I was doing or if I was doing it right at first. I started researching on it and It started ruling my everyday life. I lost thirty pounds the first two months.I drank tons of water and a whole lot of v8 juice.On top of that I was trying to exercise. I slowly weened my self off eating fresh simple salads and light soups untill I could eat whole foods. Looking back I dont think it was the smartest thing to do and I dont think I could ever do it again if I tried.But from there I made it a rule to drink my 68oz of water and make healthy chioces. I'm now 120-125 pounds with water wight and all that fun stuff. I feel great , dont have nearly as many heaches my circulation is getting better, and I want to get out and do stuff. I look great but still have that stuburn belly fat. I'm pretty toned everywhere else. Not sure how to get rid of it. I have read some posts and I have a injured neck and cant bend some ways. i look forward to this online experience. :)

Replies

• j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    welcome
  • Welcome ! I hope this site helps you as it has helped me :)
  • DKBelle
    DKBelle Posts: 585
    Welcome! Just for information in case you don't want to buy workout dvd's check out these sites: www.bodyrock.tv / www.myomytv.com / www.diet.com
  • About the belly flab, I've heard the best way to get rid of it is cardio.... it's worked great for me!! Good luck!!
  • With any kind of back injury, weight bearing (even your own) can be a problem. I get lots of cardio in the pool, when I swim. I also use a lap pool snorkel that will keep your head in the water and your back straight, without needing to lift your head to the side for air. It makes for a better workout over all and keeps everything well lined up.
    http://www.swimtowin.com and look up snorkel
  • lloydmel
    lloydmel Posts: 259 Member
    Welcome. Love your story. Hoping you have a great experience here, as there are many supportive and inspiring people here.
  • Thanks everyone. It feels good knowing there's people out here that can relate and support one another :)