Could someone suggest a nice healthy way to consume 300 more

Options
Or should I just forget them?

Replies

• bonjour24
    bonjour24 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    an apple with some peanut butter on it. may not get you quite to 300, but won't be too far away. i have that when i'm under. or a smoothie.
  • JamesonsMommy
    JamesonsMommy Posts: 771 Member
    Options
    if you are talking about calories i would just forget them :) If you really must just eat a big spoon full of peanut butter :) thats an easy 200
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Another vote for the peanut butter! :)
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    I usually have an oat bran & flax whole wheat pita with fat free swiss cheese (2 slices) & some 95% fat free sliced roast beef lunch meat (3 slices). Kind of a roll up deal..... and 1 & 1/2 cups of reduced fat (soy/lactose free)milk. that's exacty 310 cals.
  • Diary_Queen
    Diary_Queen Posts: 1,314 Member
    Options
    or peanut butter, but we're a peanut free household because of my son's peanut allergies. soybutter and almond butter just arent the same. :)
  • AI1108
    AI1108 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt with some berries
    fruit with peanut butter
    a bowl of oatmeal
  • Choirgirl37
    Options
    You could bake a piece of fish for around 100 or 120 calories. Add a cup of veggies for another 70 calories. Top it off with some low calorie ice -cream such as skinny cow for 110 calories.

You can do alot with 300 calories. Even serve some chicken broth on the side with some green onions chopped up in it. (low calorie won ton soup) This is only 20 calories.

100 Fish
    70 veggies
    20 soup
    110 ice cream

Total = 300 calories

Note: Prepare the fish in a covered casserole dish and you don't need to add oil. Season it with thyme. pepper or whatever you have. This is my favorite go-to meal in the evening.

Later, have some warm tea 0 calories.
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Teriyaki Sunflower Seeds!
  • juliapurpletoes
    juliapurpletoes Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Hey!

Since you are only trying to lose a smaller amount of weight, I would definitely EAT them. If you don't, your weight loss will be slower. Those with large amounts of fat and weight to lose can have large calorie defits at the end of the day. You don't have that wiggle room. so eat them!

How about nuts, fiber rich pasta, avocado/guacamole, ice cream! (calcium and protein there!), peanut butter, fruit, small bean burrito......

just make sure you eat them!
  • Rachaelluvszipped
    Rachaelluvszipped Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    Rice Krispies with Fat free milk... and half banana! That's what I eat sometimes at nite..when I can't get up there..after a super hard workout and dinner..:wink:
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Definitely nut butter.
  • adross3
    adross3 Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Depends if your hungy or if it has been over 3 hours. I like to finish the day off with pastatios. Lower cal count than most nuts and from what I've read they are very high in antioxidants. I don't suggest penut butter unless you made it yourself. If its in a can or box and has a long shelf life. Don't eat it. Instead make it.

Invest in your future, invest in yourself.
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Apple with pb
    Banana with pb
    Cheerios with milk

(not sure if any make 300 cals but close enough)
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options
    Definitely nut butter.

You'd need a LOT to get to 300! Where would one person get that much? :wink:
  • NiciS72
    NiciS72 Posts: 1,043 Member
    Options
    Almonds or other nuts. You'll get protein and good fat!
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Definitely nut butter.

You'd need a LOT to get to 300! Where would one person get that much? :wink:

Bears. Or tigers. We store a lot for just such an occasion.
  • LaSutopia
    LaSutopia Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    nut butter good, or a PB&J, or oatmeal, or some chips and salsa, or an egg....
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    2 oz of nuts - approx. 280-320 calories.