eating cal

Options
When you exercise ...you get tons of calories back are u supposed to eat all your given calories plus more..? or stay with the amountgiven for the day. kris

Replies

• minadeathclutch
    minadeathclutch Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    i dont eat them back. i eat when my body tells me it's hungry.

this website is off. what you burn off in 10 mins.. is not what i burn off in 10 mins doing the same exercise.

use your judgement. if youre hungry eat. if not. DONT.
    :)
  • kriskreations
    Options
    k
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,245 Member
    Options
    The way MFP is set up you are supposed to eat those calories. The key to lasting weight loss and less plateaus is a moderate calories deficit (that is why MFP recommends 1 pound/week). When you set up your account MFP figured a calorie deficit in without accounting for your exercise. That means you have that moderate calorie deficit already. When you exercise you increase that deficit moving it from moderate to large, or in some cases very large. That sounds good at first, larger deficit in most people's minds mean faster weight loss, but if you did some searching here using the search button you would find a bunch of people who plateaued doing that exact thing. Weight loss stopped for weeks or even months. For most of them, it was eating more while still having a calorie deficit, just a smaller one, that started their weight loss again. What that should tell you is that too big a calorie deficit such as the one you would have from not eating your exercise calories, will be counter productive to your weight loss in the long run. With MFP it is set up for you to eat those calories so you maintain a moderate deficit. Yes it can be hard, but a lot of it is planning and realizing that you don't have to eat diet food all the time. Some nut, some avocado, or a little olive oil used in preparing your meal will very quickly add good healthy calories and the healthy fats your body needs.

http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/ Especially notice the various links on this page.