revelation

Options
i didn't know where to put this topic but here goes. i had a revelation 2 days ago and at the time i didn't realize how big it was but now i think it's huge for me.you now how oprah's trainer(can't remember the name)always says you have to figure out why you over eat-what's the underlying thing that keeps you planted there in fatland? i was doing my favorite thing-sitting on the couch and watching tv-(i know) and a lot of things about who i was becoming and who i had been before became very clear to me. i don't really believe in blaming anyone in the past but sometimes you do have to see it for what it was , for the impact on your life and then ,for God's sake, move on. These are thoughts that i had milling around,disorganized in my head for a long time and suddenly it was clear. WHAT A BLESSING1
now i know i'm not being specific but i also know that everyone has a "thing" that if we dug deep enough we could say-oh there it is. i'm 50 years old and i've known myself for a long time but i have to say this is the first time in forever that i have looked at myself honestly and it's changed me.i hope this isn't too obscure and makes some sense.sue v. ps-you guys are such an inspiration to me.after i clean my room,i'm hitting the"gym"!

Replies

• suevittorioso
    Options
    i didn't know where to put this topic but here goes. i had a revelation 2 days ago and at the time i didn't realize how big it was but now i think it's huge for me.you now how oprah's trainer(can't remember the name)always says you have to figure out why you over eat-what's the underlying thing that keeps you planted there in fatland? i was doing my favorite thing-sitting on the couch and watching tv-(i know) and a lot of things about who i was becoming and who i had been before became very clear to me. i don't really believe in blaming anyone in the past but sometimes you do have to see it for what it was , for the impact on your life and then ,for God's sake, move on. These are thoughts that i had milling around,disorganized in my head for a long time and suddenly it was clear. WHAT A BLESSING1
    now i know i'm not being specific but i also know that everyone has a "thing" that if we dug deep enough we could say-oh there it is. i'm 50 years old and i've known myself for a long time but i have to say this is the first time in forever that i have looked at myself honestly and it's changed me.i hope this isn't too obscure and makes some sense.sue v. ps-you guys are such an inspiration to me.after i clean my room,i'm hitting the"gym"!
  • diannholland1965
    diannholland1965 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Hey Sue, The trainers name on Oprah is Bob...Bob the trainer.
    He is pretty good. I also like Dr Oz and all of his Books, You staying Young, You on a Diet, You the owners manual etc.
    They are very eye opening, and talk about hit yourself in the head SO THAT IS WHAT IS HAPPENING WHEN I DO THAT! moments.

You are right We all have those THINGS those dragons that can keep us down if we do not fight them.
    --Diann...