Mission Slimpossible Week 2

Options
SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
WEEK 2 –PYGMY SERIES (Beginnger)

Week One Daily Exercise Challenge
Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the PYGMY TRIBE it’s time to push yourself! Make modifications as
necessary and use water bottles, soup cans or my favorite Tomato Juice cans as weights! They really do work!

Day 1 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 2 – 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 3 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 4 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 5 - 1 minute bear walk, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Crunches, 25 Split Squats, 1.5 mile walk, jog, run

Day 6 - 2 sets of 15 swimmer presses, 2 sets of 15 wood chops, 2 sets of 21’s, 2 sets of 15 lawnmowers

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVED IT! BTW If you did all the walking congratulations you completed 4.5 miles. A 5k is only 3.1 Still sure you can’t do a 5K? Next week we’re going to see!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge

Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog an extra mile this week. (This is a mile above days 1, 3, 5) IF you choose you would 1 mile for daily and 1 mile for weekly on days 1, 3, 5. For each day you do an extra mile your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)

IF YOU ARE FEELING TIRED AND SORE THAT IS TERRIFIC! THAT MEANS THAT WEAKNESS IS LEAVING YOUR BODY AND YOU ARE GETTING STRONGER! IF YOU FEEL NOTHING THEN YOU EITHER NEED TO INCREASE YOUR RATE OR WEIGHT OR MOVE TO BUSHMEN!

Keep going strong!

Replies

• amymoore728
    Options
    SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE
    WEEK 2 – BUSHMEN SERIES (Advanced)

Week TWO Daily Exercise Challenge

Each team member that completes their daily exercise challenge receives one point, if all team members complete each daily exercise for all 6 days the team is then awarded an additional 5 Bonus Points.

Welcome to Week 2 you are the BUSHMEN it’s time to push yourself! Make sure you begin each exercise challenge with a 4 minute tabata workout.

Day 1 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 2 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 3 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 4 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of 15 Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 5 - 5 minute bearwalk, 50 Toe Touches, 50 Crunches, 100 Jumping Jacks, 50 Burpees (they’re back), 20 Windshield Wipers, 50 Split Squats (don’t feel like you have to jump)

Day 6 - 3 sets of 15 Swimmer’s Presses, 3 sets of 21’s, 3 sets of 15 Dumbbell Chest Fly’s, 3 Sets of 15 Lawnmowers, 3 sets of Tricep Kickbacks, 3 sets of Woodchops, 20 Pushups (modified if needed)

Day 7 – REST YOU DESERVE IT! Week 3 we’re are stepping it up to another level! BE PSYCHED!

*******Please watch the videos as they may differ from your version of the exercise!*********

Week Two Weekly Team Challenge
    Same water and calories challenge plus Walk, Run or Jog a 5K this week. For each day you do a 5K (3.1 miles your team will get an additional bonus point. 1 point per day per participant)
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Link with videos of ALL exercises: http://mfpchallenges.blogspot.com/

Scroll down to the bottom.
  • garconnie
    garconnie Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm getting confused still when does next week start? I've caught up with my excercises for the week so far. maybe its easier to number september instead of week 2: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 just put the corresponding day of the week (7, 8, 9 and so on?) For those of us sleep deprived that have a very slow brain lately. Worked out this morning soo much easier to do stuff in the morning than at night. Too bad morning workouts are only possible when Andrew can stay home with some of the kids. Today Maxim joined me but I can't do my running with all three :(
  • franscott
    Options
    5 minute bearcrawl..really!...ok...guess ill be doing circles in my house..lol
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Week 2 starts Monday. So Monday, September 5th, is Week 2 Day 1.
  • garconnie
    Options
    Okay Week 1:

Under Calorie Goal Everyday
    Drinkin' the water
    Did the excercises asked of me

Did not do the bear crawl.
  • amymoore728
    Options
    For those of us who do not run (me included): don't be thrown by the wording for week 2 "for every 5K you do, you will get extra points". I am NOT running 6 5k's this week. I will do one, maybe two if I feel ridiculously crazy (which I probably won't). One 5k for me is a big deal. Just sayin'...
  • amymoore728
    Options
    From Gary:
    Attention TRIBAL WARRIORS! Are you up for a Mini Challenge for this week to get us started? No point involved...but you might notice higher weight loss which will end up in points earned! So here's the challenge. Burn 1000 calories in a workout this week! You can do one day at 1000 or do each day its up to you! REMEMBER THESE ARE OPTIONAL FEEL NO PRESSURE TO DO THEM UNLESS YOU ARE A SURVIVETTE THEN ITS MANDATORY!
  • amymoore728
    Options
    Labor Day Blues (from Gary)
    Labor Day is gone and it's time to put away your white shoes and pants, so my wife says, and look forward to cooler temperatures. You might be saying, "what about all those calories I consumed over the weekend?" That's just what those are calories of the past. Never dwell on past calories. The decisions you made either bad or good are now set in stone. This is the life we lead. So how do we pick up and move forward. I have a few tips to help you get rid of the Labor Day blues.

Tip # 1
    Increase your water this week. Labor Day we tend to consume high fat, high sodium foods. An increase in water will help flush the sodium out of your system. You may have noticed an initial 2 - 4 lb gain since Friday. Much of that will be water. Its been stated that it takes 3500 calories in a 24 hour period to gain one pound. If you truly gained 3lbs over the weekend you would have consumed over 10,000 calories. I'm guessing most of you didn't even come close to that. I've learned you fight water with water!

Tip # 2
    Increase your activity this week. Push yourself harder than last week. That boost in metabolism will help kick start this weeks exercise challenges and will help you burn those extra pounds.

Tip # 3
    Leave the past in the past. Don't beat yourself up. Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas is all coming. What I've learned is that one holiday a month not counting calories will never result in a lifetime of obesity. Its what you do surrounding these days. If you are pushing your activity levels to new heights, watching what you eat and utilizing portion control on these Holiday, you will be able to enjoy them instead of dreading this time of year. Common sense and focusing on the present and not the past will provide you with better tools for success.

RAISE YOUR SPEARS!
    YOU ARE DOING IT!
    KILL FATTY!
  • garconnie
    Options
    Loved it Amy; I think you have a secret career in store for you as a personal trainer.