Chili's Honey Chipotle Crispers 1,930 Cals, 108 g Fat!!

Options
Um, yea.... Every time we would go to Chilli's this was our go to selection on the menu. And getting two of these meals for $20 bucks?! Yes please! I'd get mine w/ a side of loaded mash and corn on the cobb. I had NO IDEA that 5 chicken tenders dipped in sauce would set me back 1,930 calories! That's NOT including the ranch dipping sauce or sides!! Heck, even if it were, that's just entirely too many calories in one sitting. Well, as I was searching for recipes and going through my email, I received this healthier version of the dish (minus the sides) DELICIOUS!!! Knowing that I can indulge for only 250 calories.... Makes it even more delicious than Chili's version. Try it out and let me know what you think!

1 lb boneless, skinless chicken tenders
Salt and black pepper to taste
3 egg whites, lightly beaten
2 cups panko bread crumbs
2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1 tsp chipotle pepper puree
1 Tbsp honey

How to Make It:
* Preheat the oven to 450°F. Season the chicken with salt and pepper. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Place the crumbs on a plate and season those, too. Dip the chicken tenders into the egg, then toss in the crumbs, being sure to coat fully.

* Place the breaded chicken pieces on a baking sheet coated with nonstick cooking spray and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, until the crumbs have browned and the chicken is firm.

* Combine the mustard, chipotle, and honey in a large bowl. Toss the cooked chicken tenders in the mixture so they are all evenly coated with the spicy-sweet sauce.

Replies

• kristlynngirl
    kristlynngirl Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    This sounds AWESOME! Thank you!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    OMG, restaurant and processed foods are soooo terrible! I had a Marie Calendar's chicken pot pie yesterday that was 1000 calories. Luckily, I didn't eat much so it wasn't a big deal, and I'm pregnant so a meal like that once in a while won't kill me. But. It's still insane. I'm so happy to finally be in my house (we were in a hotel for 6 weeks while we waited to close) with my brand new appliances so that I can cook my own food!
  • SunshineKisses_2012
    Options
    That does sound fantastic! Thank you for sharing! I'll have to give this a go soon!
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    mmmm.... wanna try some of those!
  • ericalynn104
    ericalynn104 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    *bump*
  • bhagavatilad1
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I couldn't believe a Taco Cabana chicken flautas plate has over 1000 calories each too.
  • Here_kittykitty
    Here_kittykitty Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Was the chipotle pepper puree something you bought, or something you made yourself? The recipe sounds great!
  • caitymay1
    caitymay1 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    *bump*
    Yummy... :)
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Oopsy, I forgot to mention it makes 4 servings at 250 calories per serving, 1.5 g fat (0 saturated) and 350 mg sodium!

Saves you 1,680 calories AND 106.5 g fat!

HAPPY EATING!! :happy:
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Was the chipotle pepper puree something you bought, or something you made yourself? The recipe sounds great!

I bought chipotle peppers in a can and pureed them myself in my Ninja. Just pulsed them for a few seconds.
  • vintagefool
    Options
    Sounds delicious, thanks for sharing! I'm a sucker for dishes like this.
    Oopsy, I forgot to mention it makes 4 servings at 250 calories per serving, 1.5 g fat (0 saturated) and 350 mg sodium!

Saves you 1,680 calories AND 106.5 g fat!

HAPPY EATING!! :happy:

Not to mention probably saves you a whole ton in sodium/water weight woes :tongue:
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Bump, that recipe sounds delish!
  • nrtenagrl
    nrtenagrl Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Bump! This sounds delicious! And isn't it crazy all those calories they pack onto the food. I went to olive garden a few weeks ago and I had fetuccini Alfredo for the last time. Over 1,000 calories... Yikes. And the salad w dressing 300 plus.,, breadsticks oh my!!!
  • stephreed11
    stephreed11 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Looks good, thanks for the recipe! I agree, those crispers are INSANE for their N.I. count. That should be illegal. Haha
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Your recipe sounds delicious!
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    yum!
  • Baloo
    Baloo Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks
  • Javajunkie67
    Javajunkie67 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Love panko crumbs! They make everything better : )

For those that aren't a fan of sweet sauces or want some heat, I mix the chipotles with with yogurt and a small painful of cilantro.
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • mollykat73
    mollykat73 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! Thanks for sharing!